Looking

  • ANTONI KAZIMIERSKI
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      Krystyna,
      just a quick glance at Ru lists and I can see an entry for your grandma---possibly. The entry is a little different to the detail you gave me. It is Marta Klosowska daughter of Jana born 1924 lived at Wola-Gluchowska, powiat Podhaice. woj.Tarnopol. Deported on 10th Feb. 1940 to specposiolek Gobszor- Prilutskii r-n, Komi;
      (cпец.посёлок Гобшор- Прилузский р-н. Коми.)
      There were other members as well; Danuta c Jana 1934;
        Wanda c Jana 1928; Bogumila c Jana 1922;  Eleanora c Jana 1929; Kazimiera c Jana 1926; Jan syn Feliksa 1886.Walentina c Antoniego 1880
      I am not sure if they are your family. I'll look for Piotrowski family as well.
      antoni530
    • moscickijordan
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2007
        Hello Antoni,

        Could you please look-up the following names on the Ru lists?

        Jozef Moscicki
        Piotr Moscicki
        Leonard Moscicki
        Teodor Watarzynski

        The above family was deported on different dates and from different
        areas. Does this list only include those deported from Poland? My
        family lived in the area that is now Ukraine and once was Russia
        (Village: Kremenchuki, District: Antoniny). After Teodor was deported
        they moved to Irpien near Kiev (1940).

        It has always confused me as to why they chose to live in Russia and
        why they moved further into Russia after the start of the war. It is my
        belief that my family resided in the area prior to the partition of 1793
        (?) and thus ended up on the wrong side of the border.

        Any help would be appreciated. All my searches to obtain info on my
        family have been unsuccessful thus far. I have also sent letters to
        Khmelnytskyi archive since 2003 with no response.

        Thank you,
        Angela
        Vancouver, BC