Family History

  • Tad Kupidura
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2007
      Hi,
       This website has been a wealth of information for helping me compile my Aunty Zenona's memoirs.
       The Lakomy family was deported on 10th February 1940 from their village of  Janowka Sloneczna in south eastern Poland now in the Ukraine.
       Every year since I can remember on February 10th my mother says 'this is the day they took us away.'
      We can't imagine what it was to suffer the injustice of forced exile, but reading the emails on this site fills in the gaps and gives an undestanding of what transpired.
      I have already had some replies to my emails and will be responding very soon.

      Tadeusz Kupidura
      Brisbane Australia