Re: [Kresy-Siberia] I need help with translation

  • kms0902@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
      Nazwisko = Surname
      Imie = Christian / Given Name
      Drugie Imie = Second Christian / Given Name
      Imie Ojca = Father's Christian / Given Name
      Data Ur. = Birth Date
      rok = year
      m = month
      d = date
      Symbol Zestawienia = Specification
          JENCY = POW
          ZMARLI = Died
          OSTASZKOW = Survivor
          Aresztowani = Arrested (followed by detail of where and when)
          RIAZAN =  ?  (This looks like another Christian name)
          JUZA =  ?  (This appears to be the diminutive of Jozefa)
          SARATOW = ? (This appears to be another Christian name)

      I hope this helps.
      Krystyna Szypowska
      Ontario, Canada
      ------

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
        I have a feeling that Riazan - Juza- Saratov are places with huge jails in Russia.???
        antoni530