Re:Re;Re K-S Polish Medal Entitlement (sending money to Poland)

  • Eve5J@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
      Hi Antoni and Group -

      I've been busier than usual lately.  I found the new name of the company which was formerly Pekao.  It is now called US Money Express.  Here is their website:  http://www.usmoneyexpress.com/

      Yes, Antoni.  One always takes a chance sending money bills through the mail in any country.  Where there's a will there's a way; however, people shouldn't get too upset if the money doesn't arrive.  That's why it's good to only send very small amounts or use the company above for larger amounts.  I've always had success sending bills to and from UK to USA.  I sent cash to a priest in Poland once which he never received.  Other people have had success with tucking bills into Christmas packages, perhaps into clothing, sent to Poland.  Good luck all.

      Regards,
      Eve Jankowicz
    • Paul Havers
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        My wife sends money to her mum on a monthly basis (I get roped in to go
        to the Post Office). If it's sent recorded delivery it will generally
        arrive without any trouble. So far it only failed to arrive once. This
        is another avenue to explore but not for a very large amounts.

        Paul

        Eve5J@... wrote:
        > Hi Antoni and Group -
        >
        > I've been busier than usual lately. I found the new name of the
        > company which was formerly Pekao. It is now called US Money Express.
        > Here is their website: http://www.usmoneyexpress.com/
        >
        > Yes, Antoni. One always takes a chance sending money bills through
        > the mail in any country. Where there's a will there's a way; however,
        > people shouldn't get too upset if the money doesn't arrive. That's
        > why it's good to only send very small amounts or use the company above
        > for larger amounts. I've always had success sending bills to and from
        > UK to USA. I sent cash to a priest in Poland once which he never
        > received. Other people have had success with tucking bills into
        > Christmas packages, perhaps into clothing, sent to Poland. Good luck all.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Eve Jankowicz

        Eastern Borderlands of the II Republic 1920 - 1945
        www.kresy.co.uk
      • zofiak
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
          Thanks for everyone's input on sending money to Poland.  Seems I'm having problems now posting to the group.  I can reply to some one else's email but am unable to initiate my own email message.  I know other members have mentioned this same problem.  How did you solve it?

          Zosia
          Victoria,B.C.