  • Michael Adamski
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
      Hello Group,
      After returning from filming trip in Poland and Lwow in Ukraine last weekend  I visited in the  City  Hall of Kitchener, Ontario, Canada an impresive exhibit of of black and white photos,many collages and several booths with uniforms, scraps of old military equipment  and many mementos from thePolish Army in the Excile from the time of German invasion of Poland in 1939 , deportation to Siberia, Polish Army under gen. Anders in USSR, its evacuation through  Persia and Palestine to batlefields in Italy and after the end WW II the emigration  to Canada. The exhibit organized in the City Hall rotunda by Krystyna Freiburger, a member of the Kresy-Siberia group, as tribute to the Polish WW II Veterans at their 60-th Anniversary of the Polish Branch 412 of the Canadian Legion in Kitchener drawn last Friday, Nov. 3, 2006 for the official opening  several provincial and city goverments dignitaries,a score of  representives of the Polish local organizations, a substantial number of aging Polish Veterans and well over 200 hundred people. After the opening remaks by Krystyna Freiburger, some speeches by invited officials reminding us of Polish Veterans imputs to the Alied cause during that war  and to the Canadian  community in Kitchener after their emigration to Canada, we heard in English the poem "Polscy Chlopcy" composed by Anne Kaczanowski -( another member of Kresy -Siberia group) nicely rendered by 5 female Polish Credit Course Students . After that the one hour oficial celebration  was ended with Polonez charmingly danced by
       8 couples  esemble from the local  "Kujawiacy" Song and Dance Troupe all beautifuly dressed in Polish national costiums. While this exhibition itself wiil stay for  another 3 days in City Hall' rotunda.   Being highly impresed by the exhibit and the folowing celebration I was glad that I brought my camera and could film the entire event, despite that I have several unfinished films projects, including a documentary on Lwow  on my editing table and I am badly pressed for time.
      Thank you Krystyna Piotrowska Freiburger for inviting me and your great initiative!
      Michael Adamski
    • Linder Ladbrooke
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2006
        Hi,

        If you made a film of your last visit to Poland/Lviv recently, please can I buy a copy
        Linder
        'ladbrooke@...'