Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: [Kresy Syberia] Mountain of Crosses in Wilno or Litwa

  • Krystyna Styrna
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
      Barbara than you for your link to the Mountain of Crosses.The explanation is so very inspiring to me.

      It was during my search into our family roots in Kresach Wschodnich  that I found the link to Litwa and to the Mountain of Crosses. I have not been there yet.

      I am very pleased that I have found someone else who is familiar with this area as I wish to make a pilgrimage. SInce this is off topic for this group could we chat more about your visit there,  of this site?

      Prayers go up and blessings come down
      Serdecznie pozdrawiam cie Basiu
      Krystyna Styrna

      concernedconnecticutresident <beemail27@...> wrote:
      Great pictures, Krystyna, particularly the Hill of Crosses in
      Lithuania. It must have been cold there in the winter. When I was
      there in 2003, because my fiance is of Lithuanian descent, someone
      told us the wind never stops blowing there. The wind howling through
      the crosses gives one a very eerie feeling, very spiritual. Did you
      feel the same? For those who have never heard of the Hill of
      Crosses, here is a link to a web page explaining the significance of
      it: http://www.sacredsites.com/europe/lithuania/lithuania.html

      I left a rosary there that had belonged to my late mother. Can you
      believe how many rosaries and crosses were left there by so many
      faithful people? It's really unbelievable. Thank you for the
      pictures.

      Barb Revoet
      Connecticut, USA

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Krystyna Styrna
      wrote:

      > Witam;
      > Below is a link to an album of pictures of churches na Wschodzie.
      > Please use arrows to forward or backtract to view all of the
      pictures taken in 2005.
      > http://www.axfilm.com.pl/galeria/Gora16_jpg.htm
      >
      > Let me know what you think of them please.
      > Prayers go up and blessings come down.
      > Pozrawiam serdecznie
      > Krystyna Styrna

      Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation: http://www.kresy-siberia.org