Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Memoirs

  • Dlachocki@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
      In a message dated 2006-10-02 22:21:07 Eastern Daylight Time, romlipin@... writes:
      Hi Group,
      My memoirs have been posted at the Museum of Victims of Communism at the George Mason University by its custodian, Prof. Bryan Caplan.
      Romuald
      Hello, Romek,
      Congratulations!!! It is wonderful to hear that your hard work finally paid off. Stay well and give my best to Iza.

      Dezio Lachocki, Wayne,NJ
    • romlipin@cox.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
        Hi Dezio and Helcia,
        Thank you for the kind words. We have to educate the western world and let them know what crime was committed on Poles in the middle of Europe. When I think about it my blood is boiling. If we stop doing that then we deserve what we got!
        Pozdrowienia od nas obojga dla calej rodziny
        Romuald

      • romlipin@cox.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
          Hi Basia,
          Thank you for your mail. Prof. Caplan gave me two sites where these memoirs were placed:
          1. http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/bcaplan/museum/lipinsky/htm
          2. http://ecolong.ecolib.org/archives/2006/10/the_lipinsky.me.html
          My name is misspelled (y at the end) but that is not important. The important thing is that more people will know about our Holocaust.
          Romuald
          ---- concernedconnecticutresident <beemail27@...> wrote:
          > Romuald:
          >
          > Finally!!! Congratulations!!! What's the link to that site again?
          > I found it so long ago that I can't seem to find it in my files now.
          > I didn't think anything was happening with that. I'm so happy to see
          > that it finally paid off, Romuald.
          >
          > Between this and the groundbreaking in Washington, DC of the Victims
          > of Communism Memorial, I'm starting to feel like my web discoveries
          > actually mean something.
          >
          > Thanks for letting us know and please post the link to the Group
          > again.
          >
          > Basia Revoet
          > Connecticut, USA
          >
          > --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, <romlipin@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Group,
          > > My memoirs have been posted at the Museum of Victims of Communism
          > at the George Mason University by its custodian, Prof. Bryan Caplan.
          > > Romuald
          > >

          > Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation: http://www.kresy-siberia.org

        • Marek K
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
            Neither links worked for me.

            Hopefully the one below will.

            Marek

            ---- concernedconnecticu tresident <beemail27@aol. com> wrote:
            > Romuald:
            >
            > Finally!!! Congratulations! !! What's the link to that site again?
            > I found it so long ago that I can't seem to find it in my files now.
            > I didn't think anything was happening with that. I'm so happy to see
            > that it finally paid off, Romuald.
            >
            > Between this and the groundbreaking in Washington, DC of the Victims
            > of Communism Memorial, I'm starting to feel like my web discoveries
            > actually mean something.
            >
            > Thanks for letting us know and please post the link to the Group
            > again.
            >
            > Basia Revoet
            > Connecticut, USA
            >
            > --- In Kresy-Siberia@ yahoogroups. com, <romlipin@.. .> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Group,
            > > My memoirs have been posted at the Museum of Victims of Communism
            > at the George Mason University by its custodian, Prof. Bryan Caplan.
            > > Romuald
            > >

            > Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation: http://www.kresy- siberia.org
            >
            > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
            > KRESY-SIBERIA GROUP = RESEARCH REMEMBRANCE RECOGNITION
            > "Dedicated to researching, remembering and recognising the Polish citizens
            > deported, enslaved and killed by the Soviet Union during World War Two."
            > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
            > Discussion site : http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Kresy- Siberia/
            > Virtual Memorial Wall : http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ memorial/
            > Gallery (photos, documents) : http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ gallery/
            > Booklist : http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ books.html
            > Film : http://www.AForgott enOdyssey. com
            > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
            > To SUBSCRIBE to the discussion group, send an e-mail
            > saying who you are and describing your interest in the group to:
            > Kresy-Siberia- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com
            >
            > To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to:
            >
            > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Wit Bogma
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2006
              D.GR.
              It must be my equipment but all I get is --one word per line-- display.. i.e. a never ending column of single words? Dziadzius.

              romlipin@cox. net wrote:
              Hi Basia,
              Thank you for your mail. Prof. Caplan gave me two sites where these memoirs were placed:
              1. http://www.gmu. edu/departments/ economics/ bcaplan/museum/ lipinsky/ htm
              2. http://ecolong. ecolib.org/ archives/ 2006/10/the_ lipinsky. me.html
              My name is misspelled (y at the end) but that is not important. The important thing is that more people will know about our Holocaust.
              Romuald
              ---- concernedconnecticu tresident <beemail27@aol. com> wrote:
              > Romuald:
              >
              > Finally!!! Congratulations! !! What's the link to that site again?
              > I found it so long ago that I can't seem to find it in my files now.
              > I didn't think anything was happening with that. I'm so happy to see
              > that it finally paid off, Romuald.
              >
              > Between this and the groundbreaking in Washington, DC of the Victims
              > of Communism Memorial, I'm starting to feel like my web discoveries
              > actually mean something.
              >
              > Thanks for letting us know and please post the link to the Group
              > again.
              >
              > Basia Revoet
              > Connecticut, USA
              >
              > --- In Kresy-Siberia@ yahoogroups. com, <romlipin@.. .> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Group,
              > > My memoirs have been posted at the Museum of Victims of Communism
              > at the George Mason University by its custodian, Prof. Bryan Caplan.
              > > Romuald
              > >

              > Please support the group by subscribing and by making a donation: http://www.kresy- siberia.org
              >
              > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
              > KRESY-SIBERIA GROUP = RESEARCH REMEMBRANCE RECOGNITION
              > "Dedicated to researching, remembering and recognising the Polish citizens
              > deported, enslaved and killed by the Soviet Union during World War Two."
              > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
              > Discussion site : http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Kresy- Siberia/
              > Virtual Memorial Wall : http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ memorial/
              > Gallery (photos, documents) : http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ gallery/
              > Booklist : http://www.kresy- siberia.org/ books.html
              > Film : http://www.AForgott enOdyssey. com
              > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
              > To SUBSCRIBE to the discussion group, send an e-mail
              > saying who you are and describing your interest in the group to:
              > Kresy-Siberia- subscribe@ yahoogroups. com
              >
              > To UNSUBSCRIBE from this group, send an email to:
              >
              > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • romlipin@cox.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 4, 2006
                Hi Group,
                I read your frustations about the links for the memoirs. I opened both links without difficulty, but in one it's just a note from Prof. Caplan about the memoirs and the other, contains the momoirs but they are in a very narrow column, about 2 inches wide. I wrote to Prof. Caplan asking him if this can be corrected. Awaiting his response.
                Pozdrowienia
                Romuald
              • romlipin@cox.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                    Hi Group,
                    After reading a lot of complains about opening the My Story, I contacted Prof. Caplan and wrote to him about this. It seems that the problem has been corrected. The website of Musum of Communism at the George Mason University is at:
                    http://www.gmu.edu/deprtments/economics/bcaplan/museum/musframe.htm. Then click on Experiences on the right side of the screen.
                    Hope it will help.
                    Romuald
                  • Elizabeth Olsson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006

                      There’s a letter missing in your link, this one works – but it’s still a narrow column of text

                      http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/bcaplan/museum/musframe.htm

                      pozdrowienia

                      Elzunia Olsson

                      Sweden

                      Gallery Administrator

                      http://gallery.kresy-siberia.org/

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 6, 2006
                        I agree that it's a narrow column but it's better than before. I guess that's the best that they can do. I am sorry of the missing letter
                        Ciao
                        Romuald