Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Need help urgently please

  • gerald: IT->QA->FDA-SOX
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2006
      Captain Czapski was instrumental in attempting to trying
      to find some 10,000 missing polish officers for General Anders

      [This I read from the book:
      Władysław Anders:
      An Army in Exile: The Story of the Second Polish Corps
      ]

      Meanwhile, Anders was organizing the "escape" of our brethren
      from the "most hospitable surroundings an honoured guest"
      of the "soviet union" could expect to receive in the gulags
      of siberia.

      http://www.tompodlcollection.com/artist.php?artist=czapski
      http://www.antoranz.net/BIBLIOTEKA/LINDEN/HTM/L05.HTM

      General Sikorsky had escaped to London and was working from
      London for the good of the Poles.

      Czapski was captured and interned akin to Anders in one of the
      many "restfull wonderful NKVD dacha"

      cheers
      gerald

      http://mail.yahoo.com