RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: Answer regarding the make up of the Polish and Russia...

  • Julian Plowy
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006

      Bronek ,

      I read the same article but the article I read also stated that the Russian propaganda machine had sent out information to the Polish people ahead of the Russian army advance stating that they were coming to save the Polish people from the German attack. Only after they arrived did the Poles realize that it was a Russian and German farce. The few military men in the town were assembled together with the local authority and all of them were imprisoned.

      Russia’s fear of their last defeat by the Poles was one of the reasons Russia first wanted to make sure Germany was able to defeat Poland . Also Russian wanted both Poland and Germany to lose and many military men as possible before they entered any battle. These were some of the reasons Russia insisted that their treaty with Germany was kept secret and why they sent out false information to Poland telling them they were going to save them from Germany .

      Julek

      PO BOX 3099

      San Bernardino, CA 92413