RE: [Kresy-Siberia] project on Post-World War II P olish émigrés 1939-50.

  • Elizabeth Olsson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2006

      Have a look at Bogusia’s webpage

      http://polishdiaspora.net

      pozdrowienia

      Elzunia Olsson

      Sweden

      Gallery Administrator

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of bechta1936
      Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 1:37 PM
      To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Kresy-Siberia] project on Post-World War II Polish émigrés 1939-50.

      Romuald
      I see you had an interview with Bogusia and you say it went well.
      She is interested in including my story but unfortunately we cannot
      have a face to face nor telephone interview because of the distance.
      Therefore she asked if I would consider sending her an article which
      had been published in a small magazine here in N.Z. and then she
      would tape it in her own voice for the archives, which would suit me
      fine as I found a radio interview quite unnerving.
      Now, my question is - How legit is this study? Julian seems to have
      some doubts.
      che pensa lei? - Aniela

      --- In
      Kresy-Siberia@ yahoogroups. com
      , <romlipin@.. .> wrote:

      > Dr Wojciechowska had an interview with me yesterday, June 16,
      2006. It took approx. 3or 4 hours. It was a very pleasant event, we
      found that her mother who lives in London, may know my sister,
      Janina , a resident of Kolbe House, a nursing home in London. In my
      opinion, anybody who wants to spread the word about the Polish
      Holocaust deserves our support.
      > Romuald
      > ---- Julian Plowy <julian_plowy@ ...> wrote:
      > > About one week ago I was contacted by Dr Begusia Wojciehowska by
      e-mail. I
      > > replied and asked some basic question before agreeing to do an
      interview so
      > > far I have had no response.
      > >

      > > One of the questions was to provide me with a list of questions
      another to
      > > provide me with a few people who might have done the interview
      to see if
      > > they were happy with the results.
      > >

      > > I would be more then happy to do an interview but I feel some
      basic
      > > additional information is needed.
      > >

      > > Julek
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > From:
      lang=EN-GB style='mso-ansi-language:EN-GB'>Kresy-Siberia@ yahoogroups. com
      [mailto:Kresy-
      Siberia@yahoogroups .com
      ]
      > > On Behalf Of Elizabeth Olsson
      > > Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:16 PM
      > > To: 2. Kresy-Siberia
      > > Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] project on Post-World War II Polish
      émigrés
      > > 1939-50.
      > >

      > > IR17;ve recently come into contact with Dr. Bogusia
      Wojciechowska, a
      > > historian with Doctorate in Social History. SheÂ's currently
      doing research
      > > focused on immigration history and now commencing a project on
      Post-World
      > > War II Polish émigrés (1939-50).
      > >
      > > Please read her own introduction below, in both English and
      Polish. Please
      > > contact her if you can contribute to the project.
      > >
      > > She did a telephone interview with my uncle in Toronto and sent
      me a CD of
      > > it. ItÂ's a very good quality recording, 2 CDs, over 2 hours.
      > >
      > > AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-postsignatur" pozdrowienia
      > >
      > > Elzunia Olsson
      > >
      > > Sweden
      > >
      > > Gallery Administrator
      > >
      > > I am the daughter of two Poles who met at a Polish refugee camp
      in England
      > > in 1948. My parents eventually came to live in London, where I
      grew up,
      > > though I have now lived in Boston for the last 20 years. As well
      as being
      > > the child of two émigrés, I am a professional historian with a
      Doctorate in

      lang=EN-GB style='color:black;mso-ansi-language:EN-GB'>BogusiaWoj@. ..

      style='mso-ansi-language:EN-GB'>http://polishdiaspo ra.net/
      > http://polishdiaspo ra.net
      > >
      > > I hope to hear from you, and thank you.
      > >
      > > This research is aided in part by the Polonia Aid Foundation
      Trust, London,
      > > England
      > >
      > > I've also been in touch with the Jagellonian University in
      Krakow and have
      > > now formally established a relationship with their Polonia
      Center... they
      > > can't help fund my research but they are interested in having
      access to the
      > > interviews. This is really good news as there is a whole
      generation of
      > > people in Poland who grew up knowing nothing about Katyn,
      Siberia etc.

      > > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *
      > >
      > > Kwiecien, 2006r.
      > >
      > > Szanowni Panstwo:
      > >
      > > Jestem córka dwóch Polaków któzy sie spotkali w Anglii w
      1948r, w obozie
      > > uchodzców. Moji rodzice ewentualnie zamieszkali w Londynie,
      gdzie sie
      > > wychowalam. Mieszkam w Boston od 1986r.
      > >
      > > Nie tylko jestem dzieckiem dwóch uchodzców, ale tez mam
      Doktorat w
      > > Spolecznej Historji. Moje zainteresowania sa skupione na
      historii imigracji:
      > > teraz zaczynam projekt na temat polskich uchodzców po Drugiej
      Wojnie
      > > Swiatowej w latach 1939-50. Przeprowadzam wywiady z Polakami
      którzy opuscili
      > > Polske w tych latach. Chce nagrac uchodzców wspomnienia
      skupjajac sie na
      > > tych tematach: gdzie i jak zycie sie skladlo po wojnie, dlaczego
      uchodzcy
      > > nie wrócili do Polski, w jaki sposóbod znalezli swoje rodziny
      w Polsce, jak
      > > dali rade utrzymac z nimi kontakt. Jestem bardzo zainteresowana
      w badaniu
      > > wplywu cenzury na ten kontakt i jak uchodzce popierali swoje
      rodziny w
      > > Kraju.
      > >
      > > Wywiady beda przeprowadzone w Massachusetts, Illinois, New York
      i New
      > > Jersey, obojetnie czy w jezyku polskim czy angielskim.
      > >
      > > Jezeli Pañstwo opuscili Polske z wzgledu na Wojne, bym byla
      bardzo wdzieczna
      > > gdyby Pañstwo sie zgodzili z mna spotkac i nagrac wywiad.
      Wywiady beda
      > > nagrane, przetlumaczone na jezyk angielski, i kopie beda
      umieszczone w
      > > Centrum Badawczym Historij Imigracji na Uniwersytecie w
      Minnesota, i w