Re: Nazi intentions . . . genocide of the Poles [off-topic]

  • Eve5J@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
      Hi Rich -

      While the Nazi discussions are interesting, inevitably they get very heated.  I agree with you though.  It is sometimes difficult to discuss the Soviets without discussing the Nazis, but also inevitably when Nazis or affiliated subjects are brought up, these overtake the Soviet side entirely.  This should not be since the Soviets killed more than the Nazis during the war.

      I can see where Stefan is coming from too.  This is very complicated.  It is also stultifying when these subjects are brought up, and we are prevented from continuing them.  On the other hand, there is never a satisfactory conclusion to these discussions.

      Current events are off topic too, but I feel they also have at least some bearing on our allowed topics.

      Best regards,
      Eve Jankowicz
      ----
      I do not think you can discuss one without discussing the other.  I vote for keeping
      the topic of Nazi intentions open.  However I agree Stefan that genocide was
      used against Poland by both Nazi Germany as well as Soviet Russia.
      Rich Widerynski