Re K_S Rail Journeys

  • ANTONI KAZIMIERSKI
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2006
      Elzunia to answer your question.
      It was a simple matter that we went back to Vielsk, Vologda and Moscow because  the man with a horse and a sleigh who took us had some relatives near Vielsk who could put us up and as we were in the deeper part of the forest, at camp 19 Eglets not really in the Kotlas complex of camps, that seem to have been the choice. It was a four day journey and the relatives were very sympathetic to us.Sadly it was not a good idea as approaching Vologda and then Moscow we were snarled up in the rail system attacked by German planes. Eventually we had to travel deeper into Russia and this extended our time of travel as well as seeing all kinds of military and civilian casualties on the way.It took almoast 7 weeks to get to Dzal-al -Abad.We got there early in March.
      antoni530