Re: Off topic - but gotta toot my horn

  • romed46
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2006
      -Congratulations Grandma Kaczanowski!!!

      But, please, don't forget to feed him some gola,bki/holubci.

      Best Regards,

      Roma S.

      -- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Anne Kaczanowski
      <annekaczanowski@...> wrote:

      > I know this is off- Kresy education topics, and perhaps sappy, but
      I must share my news. I have just become an official Babcia,
      although an internet babcia because I am in Canada and my new
      grandson lives in London, England. For the past 9 years I have been
      diligently searching and trying to put together a past profile of my
      Polish parents and their individual journeys from Poland to Canada.
      They both experienced tremendous losses in their life, loss of
      homeland, families, friends, and the sound of their native language
      in their new world. Much of this I searched for myself and hoped
      that my findings would be of interest to my siblings who didn't
      really understand the richness of the legacy we were given. But now
      since I have this new little person in my life I am so grateful to
      have the opportunity to work harder making sure there is something
      written so he can know of his legacy. In the recent news coverage of
      immigrants and their contribution and value in North
      > American countries, this is important. Important because now I
      have so much to teach my grandson about what made his family
      Canadians, whilst still respecting their ancestors native homeland
      and its cultures. He'll be raised on perogies and kubasa like the
      rest while the knowledge of his Polish-Ukrainian history will be
      engrained in him by me.