Re: Sowchoz Szortandy, oblast Akmolinska, Kazakhstan

  • Valerie Meare
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      Dear Hala,

      I requested and received documents from the MOD for my mother,
      father and also my mother's cousin. I initially sent a letter to
      the MOD and included my email address. They were very quick to
      respond and gave me forms to use to prove kinship. I was not able to
      give them very much about my Mum's cousin except a copy of the
      inscription on the back of a photo he sent to my Mum. This was
      sufficient and I received his records. The downside is that it cost
      me £30 per search. I also got records from The Sikorski Museum.

      Best of luck

      Val (Oldham,UK)

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "hjtrevelyan"