In message number #1715 was mentioned a Sikorski family site that also
claimed General Sikorski as a relative.
That website proposes that the general had only one sibling, a
brother who lived in the USA.
I have the following information
from the Sikorski Museum in London on General Sokorski's
1. General Sikorski was born in 1881 and attended
high school at the CK ( Imperial High School, i.e. in pre-WWI Poland ) in
2. His older brother, Stanislaw Jan, was born on June 26,
1875 and died in 1937.
3. His sister, Helena Eleonara, was born on
February 1, 1878; she died in 1932. (the general had a financial
interest in a pharmacy which his sister operated in Cracow before the
First World War)
4. His parents were Tomasz Sikorski born in 1851
and Emilia Hawrowska born in 1854. The parents were married in
5. His grandfather (father's father) was Jakub Sikorski
born in 1807 and died in 1852.
6. His paternal great-grandfather
was Andrzej Sikorski born in 1758 and died in 1847
7. The family
history indicates they lived in Przeworsk and were weavers.
The Sikorski Museum suggests that following resource for
verifying the general's genealogy --
Korfaska, Walenty "
Wladyslaw Eugeniusz Sikorski, Biografia Polityczna" Wroclaw,