Re: Rowne, Kazakstan etc.

  • Andy Golebiowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2005
      Last month there was an exchange of emails regarding genealogy with
      roots in eastern Poland. Have a look.

      Andy Golebiowski
      Buffalo, NY
      USA

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "B M Watrasiewicz" <BW@B...>
      wrote:

      > I now lived in the UK for 50 years so I am not familiar how to look
      for family connections in Kresy. However, I am going to Warsaw on
      Monday (7/10) and I shall try to make some enquiries.

      > Archiwum Zabuzanskie w Warszawie (Smyczkowa 14) tel: (22) 847 48 20
      have records of births, death and marriages from Kresy dating back to
      1937 for Równe.

      > Bohdan Watrasiewicz

      family from Rowne. And I have family who were deported to
      Kazakstan. My family BRONOWICKI lived in Nowini, which was (as far
      as I can tell) a village near Korzec. Mygrandmother came to the US
      in 1910. My grandmother's name was Anna BRONOWICKA. Her brothers Jan
      and Stanislaw came to the US. Her sisters Katarzyna, Domicella and
      Marianna came here too. Marianna was married at the time, to KOZAK.
      My great grandmother, Elzbieta MARCINKOWSKA BRONOWICKA also came
      here. Her husband;s name was Wiktor BRONOWICKI. Their
      granddaughter, Stefania, daughter of their son Jozef, was deported to
      Siberia with her husband, LINIEWICZ, (Aleksander was his first name,
      I think), and their 3 daughters. Only the oldest daughter, Aniela,
      survived. She said when they were released from Siberia they had to
      go to Iran. They lived there for some time, she doesn't remember
      much, as she was just a child. When they left Iran, they went to
      India, then to England, where they contacted the family in America,
      and got passage to Boston, MA. I asked her how she got to Iran, she
      said "We walked", as if she were saying she went to the store! She
      has very few memories of that time, she remembers being in a refugee
      camp, but isn't sure if it was in Iran or in England. They didn't
      try to get back to Poland after their relsease, because her uncle did
      that, and they sent him right back to Siberia.

      > My grandfather, Julian MIERZEJEWSKI, married Anna BRONOWICKI in
      Chelsea, MA in 1913. Julian came to the US in 1912, after being
      released from the Russian army. He lived in Szczurawice, which is
      now in Ukraine. It is very near to the town of Michnow, which is
      near Zaslaw. His family, his parents and siblings stayed in Poland.
      His parents starved to death during the wheat problem, and their
      children were all sent to Kazakstan. I am trying to find out how to
      get information about all of these people. Having lived their
      yourself, I wonder if you have any ideas for me to find this family.

      > Jan Birkner

      years at Grabnik 10. In 1940 my family and I were deported to
      Posio½ek Po½udniowice Ob½aÊç Gorkij. From there we travelled to
      Kazakstan, Uzbekstan, Krasnovock, Pahlevi, Teheran (Persia), Ahwaz
      (Persia), Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt and eventually the UK.

      ******
      > KRESY-SIBERIA GROUP = RESEARCH REMEMBRANCE RECOGNITION
      > "Dedicated to researching, remembering and recognising the Polish
      citizens
      > deported, enslaved and killed by the Soviet Union during World
      War Two."

      http://www.aforgottenodyssey.com/gallery/

      ******