Re: [Kresy-Siberia] More information regarding the girl-soldiers pestka

  • Zosia Krukowska
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hello Elzunia,

      While I would be interested in seeing the documentary my interest has now been aroused in learning more about the PESTKI in general.

      Zosia
      Victoria,B.C.
      Canada
      From: Zosia Krukowska <zofiak@...>
      To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:30:18 -0800

      Does anyone have any information regarding the Polish girl soldiers Pestka or know where I can find more information?   I believe my aunt was one of them.

      Zosia
      Victoria, B.C.
      Canada
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005

        Do any of our members have access to TV Polonia?

        Or Sky One?

        Pozdrowiena

        Elzunia Olsson

        Sweden

      • Linder Ladbrooke
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
          Yes, Bogdan Wilamowski does. It's 'beejuu@...
          Linder
        • Paul Havers
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
            used to have TV Polonia ages ago but do get Sky
            any specific reason?

            Paul

            Elizabeth Olsson writes:

            > Do any of our members have access to TV Polonia?
            > Or Sky One?
            > Pozdrowiena
            > Elzunia Olsson
            > Sweden

          • Elizabeth Olsson
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
              The documentary about the Pestki (girl soldiers) was shown on TV Polonia on
              25 Sept but unfortunately our recording didn't turn out well, so I'm hoping
              someone else has taped it.
              Has anyone seen it or taped it?
              (We have a good video copy from Polonia but without subtitles.)

              pozdrowienia
              Elzunia Olsson
              Sweden

              Elizabeth Olsson writes:

              > Do any of our members have access to TV Polonia?
              > Or Sky One?
              > Pozdrowiena
              > Elzunia Olsson
              > Sweden

            • Elizabeth Olsson
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
                Sorry, I know this is off topic but I couldn't resist!

                My brother's son Mark Gradosielski is one of the 12 finalists in Football
                Icon
                Sundays at 7 pm
                He has a good chance of winning a contract with Chelsea FC!!
                http://www.skyone.co.uk/programme/pgeprogramme.aspx?pid=60

                pozdrowienia
                Elzunia Olsson
                Sweden

                Elizabeth Olsson writes:

                > Do any of our members have access to TV Polonia?
                > Or Sky One?
                > Pozdrowiena
                > Elzunia Olsson
                > Sweden

              • Elizabeth Olsson
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005

                  I do have quite a detailed report on the ”PWSK in Italy – the 2nd polish Corps”

                  Six pages which I can scan, if you’re interested.

                  Pozdrowienia

                  Elzunia Olsson

                  Sweden

                  4 women talk about deportation from Kresy to Siberia and their lives in the
                  army: nursing, air force, transport, signals.
                  Made by Hanna Kramarczuk, TV Polonia
                  Shown on television 25 Sept 2005.
                  Polish sound, English subtitles.

                  Will be shown at POSK, London England
                  Sunday 20 November at 15.00 (3 pm)
                  Organised by Kolo SPK nr 316
                  Entrance: £5 including coffee and cake after

                  Pozdrowiena
                  Elzunia Olsson
                  Sweden

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  §   Visit your group " Kresy-Siberia" on the web.

                  §   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                  §   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                • Roma King
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005

                    Dear Elzunia,

                    I would be very interested too if it is not too much to ask to scan the report…and you could send it to me direct: Roma@.......

                    Or would it be easier by mail?

                    With warmest regards,
                    Roma King

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2005
                      I would also be interested in the report.    You can email to zofiak@...
                      Dziekuje,
                      Zosia

                    • kms0902@sympatico.ca
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 7, 2007
                        Hi Elzunia,
                        What great news to know that the Pestki will finally be recognized, and to have your Mom there for the ceremonies.  I hope you will be able to record this as a valuable family memento.
                        Congratulations,
                        Krystyna Szypowska
                        Ontario, Canada

                        ------