Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: More information regarding the girl-soldiers pestka

  • ted sebestianski
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Barbara.
      This atachment give You some idea about PSWK.
      Tadeiusz
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2005
        Barbara.
        As 15 years old i joined the junaki in Guzar and my family were in Guzar. A
        lot of families been moved to Kolchoz becose how wold they survived in
        Guzar?there no food to fed them -there were a lot people living around the
        city so the father or son shared their ration.There were some people that
        had some provision brought with them from Sowchoz were they been working
        .F.g.my family been fortuned and we had couple bag of flour and some fat
        Belive me people been going up the hills clouse to [Afganistan ] were they
        found some tortles but they didnt last long so people been picking up any
        weds ,rats cats you named so they can survive.
        Every day about 30-40 people been dieying.
        Some soldiers dug the trench 6-8 feet deap and they lay one row of dead body
        spread some lime and some dirt and start laying nekt row.
        We junaks every morning had some klases so we can learn something and not
        wasting time -but we been concentrating when going to bring the bread -at
        dinner we had some soup looks like dish washing water becouse they been
        using muddy river water and in that soup you can find a dozen of barley
        groats.
        For you young generation its hard to to have some imagination about
        condition.So when the army start moving so does the civilians -probably not
        on the same ship.[the ship were the oil tanker they drop of us and gone to
        Baku for crude oil]

        Tadeusz
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 2, 2005
          -

          Dear Elzunia,
          I have 1944 PCK calendar and there is a photo of young ladies in
          uniform with a title "Dom wypoczynkowy P.C.K. dla ochotniczek
          P.S.W.K. w Edinburgh'u". You can view this photo under our KS
          Photos "Polish Armed Forces - 1943" that I have posted some time ago.
          I believe that it is the 1st photo.

          Greetings,

          Roman Skulski
          BC,Canada

          -- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Olsson"
          <elzunia@a...> wrote:

          > No Roman, I do mean PWSK Pomocnicza Wojskowa Sluzba Kobiet (the
          Women's

          Siberia@yahoogroups.com]On
          > Behalf Of romed46
          > Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 1:40 AM
          > To: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Kresy-Siberia] Re: More information regarding the girl-
          soldiers
          > pestka
          >
          > -I believe that you mean PSWK ( Polskie Sily Wojskowe Kobiet).In
          1944
          > there was "Dom dla Ochotniczek PSWK" located at 15, Abercorn
          Terrace,

          ******