Forgotten Odyssey video facts

  • murningham
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
      I don't want to resurrect this issue, but these are the facts you
      must know:

      I paid $70 U.S. dollars for 2 videos. I ordered them in good faith
      expecting to receive what I ordered: 1 Polish version and 1 English
      version. I received 2 poor quality Polish versions.

      I have just two questions to ask. If it was known that the Polish
      versions were faulty, why was I not informed? If I had not complained
      (and I had sent email to Lestweforgetproductions), would I have been
      notified of the issue, or would the point be moot?

      If I am not satisfied, must I keep silent in a public forum that
      advertises (yes, it does) the showing of this film? I cannot complain
      to anyone but the production company?

      If I am to overlook that this is an "amateur" production, then you
      must all consider that I spent $70 hard-worked-for U.S. dollars and I
      did not receive what I ordered.
      grace
    • EDWARD GREGORY DABROWSKI
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
        Dear Grace,

        I am new to this group, not an 'elder' by any definition, so perhaps I
        should bite my tongue and not say anything.

        But your complaining riles me.

        So you had high expectations, which were not met.

        You feel dissatisfied, betrayed even. They didn't get it right first time.
        They sent you damaged tapes, and the wrong combination to boot!

        But Grace, do you think that the world revolves around you?
        Do you think that the Distribution Company realised their mistake, that they
        necessarily knew that they had issued faulty tapes to you.
        If they had known then, then they would not have issed the tapes in the
        first place. I thought that would be obvious! It is certainly self-evident
        to me.
        If they had suspected faulty tapes then they might reasonably expect to hear
        from anyone (like yourself) that one of their many orders had gone wrong. So
        tell them...directly...but don't broadcast it.
        Do you reasonably expect that they would contact everyone on the off chance
        that someone is 'sitting' on a bad tape that they may not even have viewed
        yet!
        I believe that complaining to a wider audience before you have made your
        peace with the company concerned, or even enquired of them as to the
        circumstances of their genuine mistake, is disingenuous and unfair.

        As for service, this varies widely around the world and depending on the
        size, infrastructure and systems of the company concerned. I have
        experienced marked differences in service both locally at home and in
        different countries. Hence my expectations vary to match the situation and
        demographics.

        Having impressed on the group your dissatisfaction and the negative
        inferences made, it is highly likely that on receipt of a good tape, you
        would sit in your arm chair totally engrossed in the story and the pathos,
        having just forgotten your condemnation of the film company. However the mud
        you just thru, does tend to stick. But now you're still enjoying the tape;
        aren't you?

        Do we always need instant gratification?
        Have patience and be a little forgiving.
        Good things come to good people... and to those that wait;
        And to those who dialogue and resolve their problems directly.

        If you think of their tape as just another product and your purchase of it
        as just another transaction, then yes, as a customer, you have reason to be
        upset.
        However, if you think of what this film represents and the personal life
        stories and investment into making it, then you will be holding an absolute
        treasure in your hands, something worth more than just $70. And that's worth
        waiting for!

        Edward

[...]

        **
        * Replies to this message will go directly to the full list.
        * Send e-mails to: Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com
        **
        * To SUBSCRIBE, send an e-mail saying who you are
        * and your interest in the group to:
        * Kresy-Siberia-owner@yahoogroups.com
      • fourthskorpion
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
          Dear Grace,
          Life's to short! Please send me your mailing address and I will
          personally send you $70 to help you overcome the trauma you
          are obviously suffering from over this issue. You can then record
          over the tapes with any other programmes that you feel will give
          you more joy!
          Best wishes!
          Stefan Mucha
          United Kingdom.