Re: Exiled Children

  • Elizabeth Ann Kenny
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2005
      Hi Michael
      I am sure you will have many requests now, but if you have time would
      you look for my mother's family name of Samelko.
      My grandmother Anna, mother Josefa, uncles Stanislaw, Bolek, Marian,
      Frank and any other Samelkos exiled from the region of Grodno.
      Cheers for your patience and assistance.
      Liz Kenny (Carlisle - UK)
    • Michael Kulik
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2005
        --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth Ann Kenny"
        <lizziedaviesuk@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Michael
        > I am sure you will have many requests now, but if you have time
        would you look for my mother's family name of Samelko.
        > My grandmother Anna, mother Josefa, uncles Stanislaw, Bolek,
        Marian, Frank and any other Samelkos exiled from the region of
        Grodno.
        > Cheers for your patience and assistance.
        > Liz Kenny (Carlisle - UK)

        Liz,

        I am sorry to say that there is no mention of this name.

        Just to clarify - although there are many pages of names, these are a
        list of names mentioned in the book. Not a list of all the people
        that may have been passed through the places covered.

        Michael Kulik

        (Walsall, England)
      • Elizabeth Ann Kenny
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2005
          Hi Michael Kulik
          Thank you for your time spent looking for my mother's family name of
          Samelko.

          Hi All
          Does anyone recognise the name of 'Ulida'. My grandmother's maiden
          name was Ulida. Can anyone tell me whether this is Russian or
          Ukranian? My grandmother lived on the Polish Russian border at
          Budowla, Zytomia borough, Grodno county, Bialystok province.
          Cheers.
          Liz Kenny (Carlisle UK)
        • Elizabeth Ann Kenny
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2005
            Andy, Sylvia and Eugene and anyone else who kindly provided
            information regarding my grandmother's surname of Ulida.
            Many thanks.
            Liz Kenny (Carlisle - UK)