Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Digest Number 1482

  • Michael Adamski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2005
      Regarding recognitions of Sobieski's victory in Vienna.
      Recently I just returned from a trip to Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Krakow
      and in central Vienna on an outside wall of the old St Augustine church I
      found a plaque in commemoration of King John II Sobieski, who after
      victory over Turks in Vienna in 1683 atended Mass in that church thanking
      God for his victory. I filmed that plaque and with others reminders of
      Polish contributions to the histories of Prague and Budapest which I
      discovered at my recent visit in those capitals will all include them in my
      presently planed travel film on Central Europe.
      Michael Adamski