From Linder - USSR

  • linderladbrooke
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
      Now you've all read of my 'adventure' - can I ask if anyone can help
      me with this please?

      Dad was entenced, by the Russians in early 1940, to time at
      KRASNOYARSK, nr Mongolia, 20,000 miles from Lwow [not Krasnovordsk]
      Sentenced for 'playing a prank on the local farmer'. Would he have
      been given 'amnesty' papers? Nothing at Hoover/nothing at Sikorski -
      pesumably to a 'labour/work camp' - any idea's anyone please?

      REAL family info!!!
      Thanks
      Linder
    • PREZADO(A) AMIGO(A)
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005

        DEAR: ladbrooke

        I HAVE MSN MESSENGER, PLEASE

        danieldourados1@...

        WHAT IS YOUR MSN, PLEASE?

        THANKS

        DANIEL LAPCHENSKI

        http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

      • PREZADO(A) AMIGO(A)
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005

          DEAR: ladbrooke

          I HAVE MSN MESSENGER, PLEASE

          danieldourados1@...

          WHAT IS YOUR MSN, PLEASE?

          THANKS

          DANIEL LAPCHENSKI

          Yahoo! Mail: agora com 1GB de espaço grátis. Abra sua conta!
        • Anne Kaczanowski
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
            Why not?  He was a Polish man in Russian territorial prison.  All Poles in Russian prisons were to be given their freedom papers witht the amnesty,  weren't they? My dad was in a prison...he got his.

            hania

            linderladbrooke <ladbrooke@...> wrote:
            Now you've all read of my 'adventure' - can I ask if anyone can help
            me with this please?

            Dad was entenced, by the Russians in early 1940, to time at
            KRASNOYARSK, nr Mongolia, 20,000 miles from Lwow [not Krasnovordsk]
            Sentenced for 'playing a prank on the local farmer'. Would he have
            been given 'amnesty' papers? Nothing at Hoover/nothing at Sikorski -
            pesumably to a 'labour/work camp' - any idea's anyone please?

            REAL family info!!!
            Thanks
            Linder

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Linder Ladbrooke
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005

              Great news. Any idea where I might look for info. Dad passed away years ago

              Linder

                Why not?  He was a Polish man in Russian territorial prison.  All Poles in Russian prisons were to be given their freedom papers witht the amnesty,  weren't they? My dad was in a prison...he got his.

                hania

                linderladbrooke <ladbrooke@...> wrote:

                Now you've all read of my 'adventure' - can I ask if anyone can help
                me with this please?

                Dad was entenced, by the Russians in early 1940, to time at
                KRASNOYARSK, nr Mongolia, 20,000 miles from Lwow [not Krasnovordsk]
                Sentenced for 'playing a prank on the local farmer'. Would he have
                been given 'amnesty' papers? Nothing at Hoover/nothing at Sikorski -
                pesumably to a 'labour/work camp' - any idea's anyone please?

                REAL family info!!!
                Thanks
                Linder

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Discover Yahoo!

              • Linder Ladbrooke
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005

                  Hey,

                  I’ve just remembered – amongst all that work I’d did on ‘camps/where/what work they did’ etc, there was a list of websites for camps, amongst it Krasnoyarsk. I’ll dig it out and write to them in Russian [or they’ll take no notice]. It’s all on the K-S site somewhere in files. I’ve been so tied up with this trip, the old brain forget’s

                  Thanks for the reminder

                  Linder

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005

                    Hey,

                    You are right. Found the ‘Krasnoyarsk’ site in my stuff. In Russian [got Russian translation on m/c], and it’s AMAZING! Sutuation regarding Eastern Poland deportee’s isn’t as I always thought.

                    Site covers much more than just Krasnoyarsk. They set up ‘Memorial’, but not the Memorial we know! Their ‘in-depth’ site, covering ALL camps/movements of POW’s/release papers/travel permit’s/get some cash compensation for land taken away/type of work done and why/from camp to join Anders Army routes etc – spent 3 hours in there just looking. Site as big as K-S. Wish you all had trans progs. Also, sent me to Russian search engine’s and newspapers of that time. Haven’t found correct address yet to write to. Well, that means no TV for a while, must look again tomorrow

                    Thanks for big kick up the ---

                    Linder

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
                      Hello Linder,

                      Your trip sounds fantastic!  Would you please post the Krasnoyarsk website.  I'm willing to attempt to plow through the Cyrillic alphabet (with a cheat sheet by my side) and although I don't know Russian, I know that Polish will help me understand some of the information.

                      I will, though, keep in mind that the veracity of Russian sources often veers far from the truth.

                      Cordially,

                      Hala T.