welcome Ronee Henson

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      Please welcome Ronee Henson (another writer!) to the group.
      Ronee, please visit our sister web-site www.A ForgottenOdyssey.com and ask
      the group any questions that you want!
      --
      Stefan

      ----------
      From: abirger@... (R S H)

      Hello Stefan -
      As I said in my earlier email to you, I am a writer, presently
      researching, and writing an outline for a fiction novel about a Polish
      girl who lived some years in Durzyn and then emigrated to the U.S., and
      spent the rest of her life here. Our Janie had put me in contact with
      Michael Adamski (what a good soul he is!), and he suggested that if at
      all possible I write something about about the forced removal of Poles
      to Siberia. Since I knew nothing about that subject I've been, so to
      speak, burning the midnight oil on the internet, and last night came
      across the Kresy-Siberia site which has a lot of information from
      survivors and their descendants. I asked Janie if she thought it might
      be a good idea for me to join, since I think as a member I'd be able to
      post questions, and hopefully get the info I need ..... and she
      suggested that I ask you. Bless that girl, she has been such a support
      to me since I first "met" her via email in May! She has sent me many
      addresses of websites and of people, including yours!

      Even a fiction novel needs to be based on accurate historical data if it
      is to make an impact on the reader. This is a long-term project for me
      (because of the time constraints of being sole care-giver for my
      disabled husband. However, that's a labor of love.) This book too is a
      labor of love in a way..... the fate of displaced persons has interested
      me, even haunted me, since I first met some of them when I was a young
      child.

      Sincerely, Ronee Henson