Belarus by road from Poland

  • John Nieurzyla
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2005
      We did this journey 4 years ago, and were advised that if you travel by car,
      then you could be stuck at the border for over a day, while the guards work
      out how much you are worth... And now with visas necessary for Poles as well
      I do not see this situation improving.
      We went by train from Katowice to Minsk, it was cheap, relaxing and hassle
      free, we were given a coach upgrade for a bottle of vodka. My wife is
      Filipina and that delayed us for 10 minutes as they were concerned that she
      was Vietnamese trying to escape to the west, her UK passport certainly
      helped.

      Enjoy yourself, which ever way you go.

      Best wishes
      John Nieurzyla
      Whitley Bay - UK
      ****************
      Ostroznice, Poland is our home village since 1700.
      Please visit our last Family Reunion in Ostroznice 2003 at
      http://www.polishreunion.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
      Always looking for any Nieurzyla's, Nieucyla, Niedziela or Nieuzyla's in the
      world.
      Also searching for the birth of Robert Dodds, a tailor born in Newcastle,
      NBL about 1853, and any information of his father who was a joiner also
      called Robert Dodds who had died by 1880.
      I use Archive CD Books to help with my family history research
      http://WWW.Archivecdbooks.org