show in London, UK

  • JanZ
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27 1:54 PM
      People may be interested in the solo theatre show on shortly (details below) for
      a 3-day run in central London. Karola Gajda is of Polish parentage but born in England,
      and the show talks about this and about her parents' lives, covering Siberian
      immigration/immigration to the UK.
      There are slides, film clips and animations about my parents' stories, and she
      show the audience how to make barszcz!

      www.karolagajda.org.uk

      www.actorscentre.co.uk

      To Be And To Have
      Tristan Bates Theatre, Actors Centre, 1a Tower St, London WC2H 9NP

      Wed-Fri May 4-6th 8pm
      Box office 020 7240 6283 £8/£5 conc.
      Tube Leicester Square/Tottenham Court Road

      Written by Karola Gajda and Peta Lily
      Performance/Animations Karola Gajda
      Directed by Peta Lily
      Sound Design by Tim Brown

      To Be And To Have takes a comic look at what is 'posh' and what is 'working
      class'. How does an immigrant background complicate class?

      While showing the audience how to make Polish beetroot soup, Karola Gajda
      uses video and animation to delve into her roots and show that having can
      profoundly affect being.

      www.karolagajda.org.uk

      www.actorscentre.co.uk
    • jagna8@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29 1:54 AM
        Dear Karola,
        it would be great if you could put aside two tickets - I will pay for
        my daughter's - for Thursday.
        See you then, and good luck!!!
        Jagna
      • Alicja
        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2005
          Hi Karola--was it a succes ? any chance we can hear about it ? ! regards -Alicja