[Kresy-Siberia] Re: Need info on Polish Holocaust Nazi and Stalin victims

  • jmicchelli@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2002

      ..... "We are looking for numbers, yes, but also reliable sources of the data  please. "
      Stefan,
      we just posted this at the dp-camps site, from the book "An Army in Exile" Janie :-)

      General Anders writes:

      "I tried to assess the real figure of Polish citizens deported in 1939-41, but it was extremely difficult. After many months of research and enquiries among our people who were pouring from thousands of prisons and concentrations camps spread all over Russia, we were able to put the numbers at l,500,000 - l,600,000 people. Statistics obtained afterward from Poland confirmed these figures. But unfortunately, it was clear that most of these poor people were no longer alive. God only knows how many of them were murdered, and how many died under the terrible conditions of the prisons and forced labor camps."