- ... school . In fact the Technical School was always located in the camp on the grounds of the Lord Lilford estate. Before its inception, the place was used asMessage 1 of 37 , Feb 1, 2005View Source--- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Eugeniusz Krajewski" <e@k...>
>school". In fact the Technical School was always located in the camp
> Dear Dziadzius,
> You can't be that old if you don't know about the "technical
on the grounds of the Lord Lilford estate. Before its inception, the
place was used as a school for polish sea cadets. The school occupied
the camp buildings only. Lord Lilford's stately home stood deserted
and unused.At least that was the case during the years 1948 - 1953
when I was one of its pupils.>
> Eugene KrajewskiEugeniusz:
My father moved to what he called "Lilford Hall" in 1947,previously
he had been located at the Naval College that was in Great Wyrley,
Staffordshire. He left "Lilford Hall" in 1948 (his own choice) and
always thought that the Naval College folded shortly afterwards.
Did the college then stay open until at least 1953 ??
- Hello Linda, I don t know if this will help or not but there is a good website....http://www.wartimememories.co.uk which gives various pieces of information,Message 37 of 37 , Mar 9 3:30 PMView SourceHello Linda,I don't know if this will help or not but there is a good website....http://www.wartimememories.co.ukwhich gives various pieces of information, some of which may be useful to you.If you click on "airfields" or use http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/airfields/airfields.htmlthe list of Cornwall RAF camps (below) is shown. Some airfields were used as resettlement camps and occasionally you can expand these names for more information. There are other searches/links on the main site that can also be performed. I found my father's demob camp in Northern England this way.Cornwall
Additionally, the link below gives a summary of Helena Zylko's Siberian deportation experience, is she one of our FO group?http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/cgi-bin/fcs/fcp.pl?words=Polish+resettlement+camps&wt=ew&bl=or&d=/poland.htmlWith kindest regards,Krys
- Cleave. RAF. 70 Grp. Fighter AACU
- Davidstow Moor. RAF. 19 Grp. Coastal Ops
- Perranporth. RAF. 46 Grp. Transport
- Portreath. RAF. 10 Grp. Fighter Ops
- Predannack. RAF. 10 Grp. Night Fighter Fwd A/F
- Scilly Isles. RAF. 10 Grp. Fighter Ops
- St Eval. RAF. 19 Grp. Coastal Ops
- St Mawgan. RAF. 44 Grp. Transport
- St Merryn. RN. HMS Vulture. OTU + SNAW
- Treligga. RN. HMS Vulture II. ELG
Ipswich, EnglandHello again,
Getting back to the discussion on Polish Resettlement
camps, is there anyone out there who might remember
camps in Cornwall? I looked through the information
on Halina's e-mail reply concerning an official U.K.
document and it did mention over 200 camps after the
war. Is there any way of finding out WHERE those
camps were? I am specifically looking for information
about the resettlement camp near Camborne, Cornwall.
Any further leads would be greatly appreciated.