Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Mail I sent

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2005
      Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Mail I sent That’s great Krystyna, ocngratulations!

      One thing - please be careful with statistics like “
      15,000,000 people deported to Siberia and resided in the Labour camps.” This is completely erroneous.
      It is reasonable to say “though accurate statistics were not kept, well over a million Polish citizens were held captive in the Soviet Union, whether deported, arrested, or captured as prisoners of war”.

      There have been many discussions in the group in the past over the actual numbers and definitions used, and these are posted in our archives.

      Best of luck with the interview!
      --
      Stefan Wisniowski (moderator)
      Sydney, Australia

      From: "Krystyna Freiburger" <krystynafreiburger@...>

      I was inspired by Helena so I  took the liberty of using her email below and
      ... There is a conservative estimate that there were15,000,000 people deported to Siberia and resided in the Labour camps,  men, women children and babies...
      Helena Danielczuk
    • Krystyna Freiburger
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2005
        Re: [Kresy-Siberia] Mail I sent
        Thanks Stefan ....yes I was very careful (learned from our past discussions) ...I did change the statistics on my message to "well over a million"! and I will continue to be careful if and when I get interviewed.
        krystyna
        ontario, canada

        From: "Krystyna Freiburger" <krystynafreiburger@...>