- There is no need for some to get hot under the collar about those Claims for Compensation against Poland and those who have lodged them. Poland and itsMessage 1 of 37 , Jan 25, 2005View SourceThere is no need for some to get hot under the collar about those
Claims for Compensation against Poland and those who have lodged
Poland and its children - albeit future generations - are not being
penalized in any way.
As Stefan quite rightly put it 24 January [this is a FACT]:
'The Polish government after the war signed a deal with the USSR
government that Poland would be responsible for compensating the
dispossessed people from the Kresy, by using the property Poland got
in the West from Germany (the so-called "reclaimed territories").'
We didn't all go to richer pastures like some and there are those of
us who have a right to be securing the future of our children and
theirs to come in any way we can.
Those who choose to put in Claim have as much Right as those who
choose not too.
- Hello Linda, I don t know if this will help or not but there is a good website....http://www.wartimememories.co.uk which gives various pieces of information,Message 37 of 37 , Mar 9 3:30 PMView SourceHello Linda,I don't know if this will help or not but there is a good website....http://www.wartimememories.co.ukwhich gives various pieces of information, some of which may be useful to you.If you click on "airfields" or use http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/airfields/airfields.htmlthe list of Cornwall RAF camps (below) is shown. Some airfields were used as resettlement camps and occasionally you can expand these names for more information. There are other searches/links on the main site that can also be performed. I found my father's demob camp in Northern England this way.Cornwall
Additionally, the link below gives a summary of Helena Zylko's Siberian deportation experience, is she one of our FO group?http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/cgi-bin/fcs/fcp.pl?words=Polish+resettlement+camps&wt=ew&bl=or&d=/poland.htmlWith kindest regards,Krys
- Cleave. RAF. 70 Grp. Fighter AACU
- Davidstow Moor. RAF. 19 Grp. Coastal Ops
- Perranporth. RAF. 46 Grp. Transport
- Portreath. RAF. 10 Grp. Fighter Ops
- Predannack. RAF. 10 Grp. Night Fighter Fwd A/F
- Scilly Isles. RAF. 10 Grp. Fighter Ops
- St Eval. RAF. 19 Grp. Coastal Ops
- St Mawgan. RAF. 44 Grp. Transport
- St Merryn. RN. HMS Vulture. OTU + SNAW
- Treligga. RN. HMS Vulture II. ELG
Ipswich, EnglandHello again,
Getting back to the discussion on Polish Resettlement
camps, is there anyone out there who might remember
camps in Cornwall? I looked through the information
on Halina's e-mail reply concerning an official U.K.
document and it did mention over 200 camps after the
war. Is there any way of finding out WHERE those
camps were? I am specifically looking for information
about the resettlement camp near Camborne, Cornwall.
Any further leads would be greatly appreciated.