RE: [Kresy-Siberia] Records for Dave

  • Linder Carole Ladbrooke
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 29, 2004
      Dear Dave,

      Let me explain about the MOD, UK

      Until recently, it was a small 2-woman operation, ran from 2 wooden huts/offices in Hayes Middlesex, UK. When the Polish-Gov-in-Exile' broke up, most of the 'interesting to us' information' was taken by the 'Public Records Office' in Kew, London, UK [www.pro.gov.uk - where you can see the type of records they hold, but not actually read it, you have to write or go there]. MOD is now housed in an old airfield at Northolt, UK They have at last, a warm brick building to work in. There are still the same 2 faithful ladies that have been there for ages, with a wealth of knowledge between them. They had much less enquiries before I opened my big mouth to K-S about them. They work many hours UNPAID overtime to help us as quick as they can. The 'order of spending' by the British Gov conciders giving them extra staff/computers etc - a very low priority, compared with many other things [like medical/education/law etc]. Please bare with these ladies and give them time for replies. This information, I know, is very important to us, but, if your grannie needed an operation urgently, where would you prefere the money to be?

      Linder
      [on behalf of two  very good friends of mine]