Re: For your Freedom and ours

  • romed46
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2004
      On page 85 of the book " A QUESTION OF HONOR" there is a photo of the
      squadron leader Z. Krasnodebski, in RAF uniform, with a caption that
      reads " A somber Zdzislaw Krasnodebski in the south of France,
      shortly after he and other Polish pilots escaped from Poland and then
      Romania in the fall of 1940.(Stanislaw Blasiak)"
      THAT INFORMATION IS WRONG. Krasnodebski was shot down on Sept.6, 1940
      over England and spent next eleven months in hospital.
      Please see my message #9053, dated April 26, 2004.

      Roman Skulski

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, "Ryszard GRZYBOWSKI"
      <ryszard@g...> wrote:
      > BOOK TO READ
      > " A Question of Honour"
      > First published in USA
      > In England it was published in both hard and soft back
      > under ""For your Freedom and ours"
      > Polish edition is just published under "Sprawa Honoru"
      > The book was written by Lynne Olson and Stanley Cloud
      > ISBN 0 -09-942812-1
      > This most outstanding book about Poland and Poles,historical book,
      > written by non-Poles and more pro Poland than any book book
      written in last 60 years.
      > This book gives a reader history of Poland brilliantly documented
      and wonderfully
      > told with the accent on a group of heroic Polish ace-pilots during
      the battle of Britain and war years.It is a must in Polish home and
      fantastic present to our friends.