Poland's Role in the Death Camps

  • rlipinsk@gmu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Sir:
      I am writing to you to express my indignation for publishing Mr. Andrew Caplan's subject letter (The Washington Post, September 29, 2004). The letter contains vonom of hatred towards Poles, reveals complete ignorance of the situation in Poland under German occupation, and is an insult to the memory of thousands of Poles who were executed by the Germans for trying to save Jews. It also reveals the prejudice of your paper.
      Anyone who is somewhat familiar with the conditions in Poland under German occupation knows that Poland was one country that did not tolerate collaborators. There were underground tribunals and liquidation squads whose function was to carry out the verdicts against anyone who collaborated with the occupant. That included also concentration camps in Poland.
      Mr. Caplan should apologize to the Polish community for this insulting letter and your paper should issue an appropriate correction.
      Romuald E. Lipinski
      Annandale, VA