RE: HA: [Kresy-Siberia] Ossetia hostage taking

  • Zbigniew Bob Styrna
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 12, 2004

      Russians have been deporting Polish people to Siberia for many generations prior to WWII.  So yes, people in Russian with Polish sounding last names like Czajkowski, etc. could most likely be Polish of deportees.  I have an old picture, dated in the Austro-Hungarian times of Polish men being marched in a blizzard into Siberia by Russian Soldiers prior to WWI (yes World War One).

      After all, Lennin or Stalin did not invent the Gulags of Siberia. The Russian Czars used the Gulags, slave camps for centuries to deal with people they occupied, did not like, political opponents. After overthrowing the Monarchy in 1918, Lennin simply continued on using the thousands ‘efficient’ Prisons Gulags scarred all throughout Russian endless wastelands.

      My relatives that were deported to Siberia did not have to build their own ‘barracks’ in Siberia.  Someone else was imprisoned there prior to them There were ‘accommodations’ waiting of them in the deep Siberian forests on Feb 10, 1940.

      For many Centuries, the Russians liked to capture and imprison young children, (boys) and train them to be Russian. This is no surprise is it?  I have a friend that is what happened to him.  The Russians shot (executed) his father after the war in 1946 and deported him (10 yr. old) from Poland into deep Russia (Siberia) to live in an orphaned home where he was trained to be a Russian.

      In modern day times we simply increase the number of refugees and immigrants quotas if we want to increase our country’s population and work force.

      Zbyszek