Re: Please welcome Cindy Benson to the group

  • cindy.benson@3web.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
      Paul,

      Yes, that is the one! My great-grandfather was born in Bazar,
      specifically in 'Glinka' which I am guessing was actually a Manor.
      All the church records have 'house no. 1' with 'Glinka' written in
      brackets. His father was a forest magistrate. Based on your
      demographics, they were definitely among the minority, being Polish.

      Cindy

      --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Paul Havers <paul.havers@p...>
      wrote:
      > Cindy
      >
      > Have a look at http://www.kresy.co.uk/czortkow_villages.html
      > I have a very brief demographic data on the village, it might be
      the one

      > There can't have been many villages named like that
    • Paul Havers
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
        Cindy

        At least you have some info on the village, I don't have much more than this

        Paul

        wrote:
        > Cindy
        >
        > Have a look at http://www.kresy.co.uk/czortkow_villages.html
        > I have a very brief demographic data on the village, it might be
        the one

        > There can't have been many villages named like that

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/bTwplB/TM

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Paul Havers
        Managing Director
        PMH Wines Ltd
        113 High Street
        Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1AQ
        Tel: (00 44) (0) 1483 424655
        Fax: (00 44) (0) 1483 424122
        Mobile: (00 44) (0) 7900 432151
        www.pmhwines.co.uk

        Life's too short for boring wine.
        CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

        This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
        intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any distribution, copying or use of  this
        communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us
        by e-mail or by telephone (+44) (0) 1483 424655 and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.
        Please note that all emails are scanned for Viruses by Norton Anti Virus.
        If you would prefer not to receive emails from us in the future please let us know and we will remove you from the list.

      • Cindy Benson
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004

          Paul,

          Thank you very much. I have been reading all the fabulous pages on your site, and I’m very impressed with the wealth of information and the terrific maps. I can see that Bazar was close to the border of Buczacz, and that’s where my error lies, it is actually in Chortkow.

          Cindy Benson

          cindy.benson@...

          eudora=autourl>http://www.kresy.co.uk/czortkow_villages.html
          > I have a very brief demographic data on the village, it might be
          the one

          > There can't have been many villages named like that

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/bTwplB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Paul Havers
          Managing Director
          PMH Wines Ltd
          113 High Street
          Godalming, Surrey, GU7 1AQ
          Tel: (00 44) (0) 1483 424655
          Fax: (00 44) (0) 1483 424122
          Mobile: (00 44) (0) 7900 432151
          www.pmhwines.co.uk

          Life's too short for boring wine.
          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

          This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the
          intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any distribution, copying or use of  this
          communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us
          by e-mail or by telephone (+44) (0) 1483 424655 and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.
          Please note that all emails are scanned for Viruses by Norton Anti Virus.
          If you would prefer not to receive emails from us in the future please let us know and we will remove you from the list.

          ---
          Cindy Benson assures that all her outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

        • Michael Kulik
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
            --- In Kresy-Siberia@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Wisniowski
            <swisniowski@p...> wrote:
            > My name is Cindy Benson, and I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
            On my mother's side, my great-grandfather, Maryan Malcharek, was from
            the village of Bazar, in Buczacz, Ternopil (presently Ukraine) and
            his brother, Jan, was killed in the Katyn Forest massacre. > Cindy
            Benson
            > cindy.benson@3...

            Cindy:

            Go to http://www.luszpinski.net/maps/Petlikowce%20Stare.jpg

            Here you will see an old map of Buczacz and nearby area.

            Michael kulik
            England