help me and my 6 yr old son?

  • carmentopeka
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
      Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me thank you.
      Carmen
    • juneis@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
        --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "carmentopeka" <carmentopeka@...> wrote:

        > Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me thank you.
        > Carmen

        the dr told my daughter in law not to worry. my grandson is 5 and as skinny as a rail. the pedi said he'll eat when he wants and let him go.
        june
      • KimLee Kingston
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
          Carmen,

          Do you mean... your child is a picky eater ? How can we help ?

          ~~KL in N Tx

          On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM, carmentopeka <carmentopeka@...>wrote:

          > Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait
          > for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other
          > children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on
          > foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating
          > foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go
          > to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves
          > orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just
          > however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and
          > drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me
          > thank you.
          > Carmen

        • boobear_20
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
            hi i wanted a show called emeril green and there as been a couple of different moms and dads on there with a kid around ur age that was kinda a picky eatter so i'm going to give u the site but also some of the recipes too the site is http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tv/emeril-green/emerils-recipes.html%c2%a0and i will give u a couple that i know with in the shows had a couple of different picky kids i hope this helps

            Emeril's Chickpea Fries
            Yield: 6 servings
            Ingredients:
            4 1/2 cups milk
            2 tablespoons butter
            1 clove garlic, minced
            1 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling at end
            2 cups chickpea flour
            1/2 teaspoon pepper
            1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
            6 tablespoons olive oil plus one additional teaspoon oil for greasing pan
            Method:
            In a heavy, medium-sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the milk, butter, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt. Heat until just below boiling point. (Do not allow milk to boil.) Slowly add the chickpea flour in a careful, steady stream, and whisk constantly. (It is important that you do not allow the milk to boil at any time during the cooking process or the mixture will become lumpy.) Turn the heat down to medium-low and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes thick, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the Parmesan and pepper, stirring to combine.
            Grease an 8-inch square nonstick baking dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Pour the hot chickpea mixture into the dish, smoothing the surface with the back of a spoon or an offset spatula to form an even layer that fills the pan. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the dough, completely covering all exposed areas, and refrigerate until very firm, 4 to 6 hours or up to overnight.
            Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet, over medium-high heat. Unmold the dough onto a cutting board. Cut it in half lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide sticks. Fry the chickpea sticks in batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes, turning to promote even browning on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fries to paper towels to drain. Add more of the oil as necessary for successive batches until all the fries have been cooked. Sprinkle with salt and serve at once.
            Emeril's Jicama Apple Slaw

            Yield: 6 servings
            Ingredients:
            1 large Jicama
            1 bunch medium carrots, peeled (about 5)
            2 tablespoons kosher salt
            2 Granny Smith apples
            6 scallions (white and green parts), sliced
            1 bunch watercress
            Ingredients for Dressing:
            3 tablespoons cider vinegar
            3 tablespoons honey
            2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
            1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
            Freshly ground black pepper
            1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
            Method:
            Whisk vinegar with the honey, mustard, salt, and black pepper to taste in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing.
            With the grating blade, shred the jicama and carrots.
            Quarter, core, and shred the apples. Toss the jicama mixture with the apples, scallions, and about 1/2 cup of the dressing. Refrigerate until chilled and the flavors come together, about 1 hour. When ready to serve, toss the watercress with the remaining dressing. Make a ring on a platter with the watercress, and mound the Jicama Slaw in the middle of the ring.
            Emeril's Recipe: Sweet Potato Fries with Two Dipping Sauces
            2 pounds of sweet potatoes
            Cooking oil spray, as needed
            2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
            1 teaspoon salt
            ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
            Sour Cream Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
            Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
            Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
            Cut the potatoes into ½-inch strips. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and generously spray with cooking oil. Toss the sweet potato fries in the extra virgin olive oil and divide among the two baking sheets. Place in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, tossing once during cooking. Bake until they are caramelized and nicely browned.
            Yield: 4 servings

            Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:
            ¾ cup sour cream
            2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
            1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
            ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
            ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
            ¼ teaspoon salt
            1/8 teaspoon lime zest
            Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well to mix through.
            Yield: ¾ cup

            Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:
            ¾ cup sour cream
            1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
            2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
            1 teaspoon cilantro or parsley
            ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
            ¼ teaspoon cumin
            ¼ teaspoon salt
            1/8 teaspoon lime zest
            Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well to mix through.
            Yield: ¾ cup
            Emeril's Turkey Loaf With Fruit Ketchup
            Yield: 6 servings
            Ingredients:
            2 tablespoons olive oil
            4 strips turkey bacon, finely chopped
            1 medium onion, finely chopped
            1/2 cup finely chopped celery
            1 tablespoon minced garlic
            1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
            2/3 cup low fat or evaporated milk
            1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
            2 pounds ground turkey thighs
            1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
            2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
            1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
            1 teaspoon salt
            1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
            1/2 cup Spicy Summer Fruit Ketchup, recipe follows, plus more for serving if desired

            Method:
            Position the oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
            In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and celery until soft and lightly caramelized, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute longer. Set aside to cool.
            In a large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, milk, egg, and egg yolk and mix to combine well. Add the turkey meat, sage, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, and cooled sautéed veggie mixture and mix gently but thoroughly to combine. Transfer meatloaf mixture to a 9- by 5-inch nonstick loaf pan and shape into a smooth loaf shape. Spoon the Spicy Summer Fruit Ketchup over the top of the meatloaf and bake uncovered until a thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 155 degrees F, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with additional Spicy Summer Fruit Ketchup if desired.

            Spicy Summer Fruit Ketchup
            Yield: About 3 cups
            Ingredients:
            1 1/2 pounds ripe red plums
            1 1/2 pounds ripe nectarines or peaches
            1/2 cup red wine vinegar
            1/2 cup light brown sugar
            8 whole cloves
            4 allspice berries
            1 3-inch cinnamon stick
            1 1/3-inch slice ginger
            1 habanero, skin punctured with the tip of a knife
            8 prunes, quartered
            1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste

            Methods:
            In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine the plus, nectarines, vinegar and brown sugar. Make a small bouquet garni by wrapping the cloves, allspice, cinnamon stick, and ginger in a small piece of cheesecloth and tying both ends securely with kitchen twine. Add this to the saucepan along with the habanero pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often for 30 minutes. Add the prunes and continue to cook until fruit is tender and sauce has thickened considerably, 45 minutes to 1 hour longer. Remove bouquet garni and discard. Set saucepan aside to cool briefly. Remove habanero and discard stem. (Discard pepper as well if you desire less spicy ketchup.) Return pepper to the ketchup and puree using a handheld blender until very smooth. Set aside and allow to cool completely before using. Season to taste with salt.
            Use as you would traditional tomato ketchup, or use as a sauce for pork, chicken, or turkey.
            Chicken And Pesto LinguineYield: 4 to 6 servings
            Ingredients:
            1 pound fresh linguine
            1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
            1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
            Salt and freshly ground black pepper
            1/2 cup red onions, sliced
            3/4 cup Basil Pesto, recipe follows
            1/2 cup breadcrumbs
            1/4 cup grated Parmigiano reggiano
            Basil leaves for garnish
            Method:
            Fill a large pot with salted water and cook the linguine according to package directions until nearly al dente. Remove 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and reserve. Drain pasta and set aside.
            In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the onion and continue to cook until the onions are soft and the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the pasta, pesto, reserved pasta cooking liquid and toss until heated through, about 3 minutes.
            In a skillet, toss the breadcrumbs until lightly browned and then add the Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and set aside.
            Serve the pasta immediately, garnished with Parmesan breadcrumbs and a sprig of fresh basil if desired.
            Basil Pesto
            Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
            Yield: 2 cups
            Ingredients:
            4 cups fresh basil leaves
            2/3 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
            1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
            2 teaspoons minced garlic
            1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
            1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
            1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
            Method:
            In a food processor, pulse to chop the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan and garlic. With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Remove and store in an airtight non-reactive container. Press top with plastic wrap to prevent turning brown and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
            Can be used as a sauce with pasta, as a dipping sauce for steamed vegetables, or along side grilled steaks, chicken, fish, or pork chops.
            Emeril's Almond Milk Shake

            Yield: 4 servings
            Ingredients:
            1 pint premium nonfat yogurt or nonfat frozen yogurt
            1/2 cup almond milk
            1/4 cup almond butter or honey roasted peanut butter
            1 teaspoon vanilla extract

            Method:
            Place all the ingredients in a bar blender and process on low speed until all the ingredients are well incorporated and a smooth shake forms, 30 to 45 seconds. Pour into 4 glasses and serve immediately.
            This recipe was featured on the Kiddie Cuisine Episode of Emeril Green.
            Emeril's Oven Baked Fish Sticks
            Yield: 4 to 6 servings (about 33 pieces)
            Ingredients:
            2 cups panko
            2 12-ounce pieces of fresh or defrosted frozen cod filets
            Salt & white pepper to taste
            3⁄4 cup olive oil
            3⁄4 cup lightly beaten egg whites (5-6 whites)
            Pinch Creole Seasoning

            Method:
            Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
            Place the panko on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
            Cut the cod into 1 1⁄2 to 2-inch fingers. Lightly season with salt and pepper and set aside. Place the olive oil, egg whites and panko in separate pans and line them up next to one another in the order given. Sprinkle the Creole seasoning into the egg whites. Dredge the fish fingers in the oil first, the egg whites second and the toasted panko last. Line the fish fingers up on two separate sheet trays, placing the big pieces on one and the smaller pieces on the other.
            Transfer to the oven. Cook the fingers until just firm, 8 to 9 minutes for the big pieces and 5 to 6 minutes for the small pieces.
            This recipe was featured on the Kiddie Cuisine Episode of Emeril Green
            Emeril's Healthy Baked Fries

            Yield: 4 to 6 servings
            Ingredients:
            2 teaspoons vegetable oil
            2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed
            1 large egg white
            1⁄2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
            1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, optional
            Method:
            Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a large nonstick baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
            Pat the potatoes dry and slice lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Turn each slice flat and slice again lengthwise into even fries, 1/2-inch thick.
            In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the egg white until very light and foamy. Add the potatoes to the egg white and toss to coat evenly. Transfer the potatoes with a slotted spoon to the prepared baking sheet, positioning the fries so that they are not touching one another. Bake for 10 minutes.
            Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the potatoes with half of the salt and pepper. Using a metal or hard plastic spatula, scrape the potatoes from the baking sheet and flip them over. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
            With oven mitts or potholders, return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve hot.
            This recipe was featured on the Kiddie Cuisine Episode of Emeril Green.
            Emeril's Cereal Bars
            Yield: 10 bars
            Ingredients:
            2 cups lightly sweetened brown rice cereal
            1 cup rolled oats
            1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
            1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
            1⁄4 cup brown rice syrup
            1⁄4 cup honey
            2 tablespoons almond butter
            1 teaspoon vanilla extract
            1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
            1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
            1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
            Method:
            Preheat oven to 350ºF.
            Combine the brown rice cereal, rolled oats, almonds and blueberries in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine the brown rice syrup, honey, almond butter, vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix well. Combine the cereal with the rice syrup mixture, stirring until the cereal is well coated.
            Spray an 8 x 8 glass or ceramic baking dish with vegetable spray, pour mixture into the pan and press to condense mixture. Bake for 35 minutes.
            Allow to cool slightly before cutting into bars or squares.
            This recipe was featured on the Kiddie Cuisine Episode of Emeril Green

            i hope these help a little and there are more recipes at the site i just didnt know which ones that u all might like so enjoy and i hope one of these are helpful have a good day
            Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me thank you.
            Carmen

          • cecille labonete
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 5, 2009
              Try to involve him in food preparation. Start with cookies and gradually into reg meals like preparing the batter for fried chicken, and move from there......

              Cecille Verches-Labonete
              cezlabprodu@...
              892-74-06/+632917-790-97-51

              ________________________________

            • simmons_sp@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 6, 2009
                Hi I'm hosting a party for 6 little girls ages 6-10. I really need menu ideas. (its a little diva party) any suggestions?

                Thanks

                Santrice

                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                Do you mean... your child is a picky eater ? How can we help ?

                ~~KL in N Tx

                On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM, carmentopeka <carmentopeka@...>wrote:

                > Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait
                > for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other
                > children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on
                > foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating
                > foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go
                > to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves
                > orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just
                > however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and
                > drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me
                > thank you.
                > Carmen

              • Tammy Childs
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 6, 2009
                  Carmen,
                  When my oldest daughter was 4, she told my mom she did not want to be fat like her mommy (me) well, me and my other 3 kids are shaped alike and she is now 24, after having 2 kids, she is into a size 4. At one point and time, all she would eat is peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches, the doctor said at least she wa eating and she was getting protein and that the phase would wear off....point is, that phase in her eating did wear off, she is almost a vegatarian now, she eats some meat but not much and she is very healthy.....still kind of a picky eater, alot of kids go through it, just don't give into all fatty foods...you will regret it. When he gets hundry enough, he will come around, he may not eat everything you have, but he will eat......stay strong!!
                  Tammy

                  --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, KimLee Kingston <enigma419@...> wrote:

                  > Carmen,
                  >
                  > Do you mean... your child is a picky eater ? How can we help ?
                  >
                  > ~~KL in N Tx
                  >

                  > On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM, carmentopeka <carmentopeka@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait
                  > > for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other
                  > > children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on
                  > > foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating
                  > > foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go
                  > > to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves
                  > > orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just
                  > > however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and
                  > > drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me
                  > > thank you.
                  > > Carmen

                • carmen ruiz
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 6, 2009
                    Oh ok thank you i will give this a try have a good day. I will let u know the out come. Carmen

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 6, 2009
                      Yes picky eater is what i am saying.

                      ________________________________
                      Do you mean... your child is a picky eater ? How can we help ?

                      ~~KL in N Tx

                      On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM, carmentopeka <carmentopeka@ yahoo.com>wrote:

                      > Hello i have a child who is 6 yrs old. He was born and to hungry to wait
                      > for breast milk. We saw that he was eating more than any of our other
                      > children did. He ate 2 8oz. bottles an hour. He has his preferences on
                      > foods. He won't budge. What is it that i can do so he will start eating
                      > foods on a regular basis. He still drinks from a tumbler cup with lid to go
                      > to sleep. He eats apples french fries chicken nuggets dry cereal he loves
                      > orange juice and other juices he doesn't eat them together as meal it's just
                      > however he feels. I have talked to his doctor and they know what he eats and
                      > drinks and isn't worried about it because he is growing. Please help me
                      > thank you.
                      > Carmen

                    • kathie5554
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 6, 2009
                        Hello

                        I'm not sure if you're saying your son is a picky eater, or like my daughter, one who eats constantly and never seems full and/or satisfied. If he's a picky eater - there's a great book I've called my survival guide. The book is "Fee Me I'm Yours" by Vicky Lansky. You can get it on Amazon for as little as a penny, not including the price of shipping.

                        Now if your son is like my daugher, a non sop eater, here's what I do. I do not usually buy cookies or other snack foods (chips, french fries, etc.) Instead my refrigerator is stock with fresh fruit and veggies. I mix plain yorgurt with honey as a dip (do not use honey for babies under 1 year). I also have raisins and other dried fruits. Don't get me wrong - I'm not a food orge and I do buy cookies now and then but they are kept out of reach and rationed. I don't buy juice- here is as much sugar in juice as there is in soda. And, according to my nutritionist, it is better to chew your fruit and veggies than it is to drink them. Smoothies are another snack item that I make. It's easy - just blend a cup of plain yogurt, honey, and either fresh or frozen fruit. I even freeze the smoothies for an 'ice cream'/popsicle snack.

                        Obesity runs in my family and maybe I am overly cautious but my daughter's ravenous apetite is something I do not take lightly. My father died from heart disease and my daughter had open heart surgery when she was five. If I can't find a 'fix' for her appetite (and I've talked to her doctor numerous times, then I can certainly control what she eats and drinks.

                        I hope this helps.

                        Kathie
                      • Christel Webb
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 7, 2009
                          Hi Santrice (nice name:)

                          You can't have a party (birthday or any other) without muffins:), so here is
                          a interesting link:
                          http://recipes.had.co.nz/category/13

                          Here I have a couple of nice muffin recipes:

                          Orange and coconut baby cakes

                          2 whole oranges
                          6 eggs, separated
                          1 cup raw sugar
                          3 cups desiccated coconut
                          1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
                          Orange syrup (see recipe below)

                          ORANGE SYRUP
                          1 cup orange juice
                          � cup lemon juice
                          Stripped zest of 2 oranges
                          � cup sugar

                          **

                          1. Coarsely chop whole oranges, removing any seeds. Place the
                          orange pulp in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Simmer
                          until orange pulp is tender and liquid has mostly reduced. Set
                          aside to cool, then blend or process until smooth.

                          2. Heat oven to 160�C fan bake. Grease and flour a 12 hole standard muffin
                          tin or small cake tins. Place egg yolks and sugar in
                          a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick and creamy.
                          Stir in orange pur�e, then stir in coconut and baking powder.

                          3. Whisk egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Fold
                          the egg whites into the cake mixture. Divide mixture between
                          prepared tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until an inserted
                          skewer comes out clean. Turn out cakes onto a wire rack to
                          cool. Pour hot orange syrup over cakes. Serve warm or cold

                          4. To make the orange syrup, place all the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring
                          to the boil, then simmer for five to 10 minutes until thick and syrupy.**

                          Chocolate raspberry cakes

                          50g dark chocolate,
                          finely chopped
                          1/4 cup cocoa powder
                          1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
                          1/4 cup boiling water
                          1 egg yolk
                          2 tbsp ground almonds
                          3 tbsp plain flour
                          2 egg whites
                          1/2 cup whipped cream
                          1/3 cup jam, such as cherry, raspberry or strawberry
                          Extra cocoa powder, to dust**

                          1. Heat oven to 160�C fan bake. Grease four standard muffin
                          pans. Place chocolate, cocoa, sugar and water in a bowl and stir
                          until smooth. Whisk in egg yolk, then stir in the almonds and flour.

                          2. Whisk egg whites until soft peaks hold their shape. Gently
                          fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Spoon mixture into
                          muffin pans. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until inserted skewer
                          comes out clean but moist.

                          3. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Just before serving, split cakes in half
                          and sandwich back together with whipped cream and jam.
                          Dust tops with cocoa powder and serve**

                          For the savoury things I would go for pizza fingers. Children love pizza and
                          it's not so time consuming as you can buy the pizza and then cut them into
                          fingers your self. We have a pizza place here who do desert pizzas, they are
                          quite delicious and really sweet. You could have a food game.
                          On a long piece of string thread fruit and savoury food items. Blindfold the
                          babes and tie their hands loosely on their backs, 2 adults hold the string
                          on either end and the girls try to bite the food from the string, this is
                          soooo funny and the girls get some healthy treats.
                          Then I googled and I came up with this:

                          A fairytale princess theme children's birthday party will thrill any girl.
                          Here are great ideas for planning a fun tea party for big or little
                          princesses, including tips for decorations, food, drinks, party favors,
                          games, invitations, and more.

                          This is the link:
                          http://childrens-parties.suite101.com/article.cfm/princess_birthday_tea_party_ideas
                          Hope I could help a little
                          Party Planning for a Childrens / Girls Princess Theme Afternoon Tea Party

                          - Begin by creating a list of close friends with whom the young lady
                          would like to share a fun party.
                          - For a smaller tea party, three or four friends is a nice number. At
                          maximum, unless there are lots of parents to help, eight is about the limit
                          on guests for a tea.
                          - For a princess theme, buy or make and send sweet pastel pink, purple,
                          or powder blue invitations about two weeks ahead. Glitter is a nice touch,
                          too. Perhaps give a reminder call two days before.
                          - For a children�s tea party, anytime from noon on is a good starting
                          time. Time to play freely should be included in the schedule. A teen or more
                          traditional English tea will need to start about 4:00.
                          - For a feminine tea party, ask girlfriends to wear pretty floral or
                          fancy �princess� dresses, or whatever is appropriate for the group.
                          - As an alternative, host a dress-up party and provide gorgeous gowns,
                          tiaras, boa scarves, pretty shoes, make-up and jewelry (one tip: check
                          second hand stores for good deals on fancy items).
                          - Let the girls loose to prepare their costumes ahead of the sit-down
                          tea. Be sure to have a dressing room (hanging sheets work great) and a
                          make-up table with mirrors available.
                          - Even pre-teens and teens will enjoy a princess party with real
                          prom-type gowns, fancy decor, and elegant china and crystal. Let them plan
                          and cook the treats.
                          - Set up a fun place for the tea in an age appropriate area.

                          Read more: "Girl's Princess Tea Party Ideas: Planning a Princess Theme
                          Teatime For Children's Birthday Parties" -
                          http://childrens-parties.suite101.com/article.cfm/princess_birthday_tea_party_ideas#ixzz093zXI9SP