Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] Re: Veggie receipes

  • Sarita Griffiths
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2009
      hi cindy, it was just a spelling error but i am sure you gathered that ........ regs sarita   ( yeg--veg )

      ________________________________
      From: saritagriffiths <saritagriffiths@ yahoo.co. uk>
      Subject: [Kraft-Meals- Made-Simple] Re: Veggie receipes
      To: Kraft-Meals- Made-Simple@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, January 30, 2009, 5:07 PM

      --- In Kraft-Meals- Made-Simple@ yahoogroups. com, "shrivastavashilpy"
      <shrivastavashilpy@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello All,
      > I am shilpy from india. I need some veggie receipes to cook.
      > Please hellp me out .
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > regards,
      > shilpy

      Hi shilpy i have3 for you , let me know what you think ....it helps

      VERY VEGGIE SOUP ;
      USE any yeg (boiled) with carrots ,potatoes ,etc
      METHOD
      Try whizzing some ,peeled , cooked and chopped veggies,,,,in a
      blender with naturally sweetcorn and 3 cm piece of peeled &chopped
      ginger & 500 ml veg.stock made with veg.. stock cube .
      Heat in a pan until piping hot & serve with chunks of crusty bread
      for a delicious winter warmer

      2nd recipe will follow --- veg-stuffed spuds (potatoes )
      regs ; Sarita

    • Rosalie Lindholm
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2009
        Hi Shilpy!

        I'm not sure whether you are asking about vegetable recipes or
        vegetarian recipes, although they are often the same thing.

        I made this vegetarian recipe for the first time tonight and it was a
        big hit with my family! It is a little on the mild side but you could
        spice it up with your own favorite spices if it's too mild for you.

        I got this vegetarian recipe from the Kraft Foods website.

        All-in-One Spaghetti Frittata

        8 ounces spagetti, uncooked
        1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
        1 medium onion, sliced
        2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms
        1 medium zucchini, sliced
        1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
        8 eggs, lightly beaten
        1 Cup KRAFT shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese

        1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta as directed on package.

        While that's cooking, heat oil in an oven-proof skillet on medium-high
        heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring
        occasionally until the onions are crisp-tender. Add zucchini and
        tomatoes with their liquid. Cook 10 minutes or until most of the
        liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.

        2. Drain pasta and mix with 1/2 cup of the cheese and the lightly
        beaten eggs in a large bowl; mix well. (I let the spaghetti and cheese
        mixture cool a bit before adding the eggs so that the eggs wouldn't
        instantly have cooked. I don't know if that is necessary or not.)
        Add to vegetables in the skillet; stir until well blended.

        3. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until bottom of frittata
        is set. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

        4. Put uncovered pan in the oven and bake 10 minutes or until the
        center is set.

        5. Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot

        I only used 1/2 an onion, and chopped it...not sliced. (I have one
        family member who doesn't care for onions really.)

        I also used one small zucchini and one small yellow squash. I would
        guess that you could use whatever squash you wanted. Actually, you
        could probably use any vegetable except maybe those really hard ones
        that take longer to cook (like carrots) unless you cooked them a
        little first.

        We love cheese, so I used about twice what it called for. I believe
        you could use any of your favorite cheeses.

        I also accidentally skipped step #3, so I put it in the oven for 15
        minutes and that worked fine.

        I hope this helps! Rose