Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] Does anyone have a simple recipe to share

  • Eclipse
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
      What a great idea! I'm sure our grandmothers had ways to stretch a dollar, and leftovers, too.
      Jean

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi, My name is Dave from Wisconson.
        My great grandmother had 2 quick and inexpensive receipes.

         Macaroni, Tomatoes and Cheese

         Macaroni
        1 large can tomatoe juice
        Chedar cheese-grated (or your favorite cheese)
        Garlic powder (to taste)
        Celery (to taste)

        Cook macaroni as directed. Add tomatoe juice, spices and grated cheese. Cook til cheese is melted.

        Gulash

        Macaroni
        1lb Hamburger
        Tomatoe juice (or lg can crushed tomatoes)
        Chopped celery (or celery salt)
        1small chopped onion

        Cook hamburger with Chopped celery, onion. Then add tomatoe juice or crushed tomatoes and celery salt if substituted for celery. And let simmer while cooking macaroni. Mix all ingredients togather and serve.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
          --- In hi i'm new to the group love cooking especially low fat /
          calorie foods,am doing slimming world diet.my recipe is for left overs
          which i often do as now no kids at home still cooking for them ,is fry
          all left overs chopped up in a pan ,then whisk up 4 eggs with seasoning
          and put on top of fryed left overs cook then put under the grill to
          finnish the top off.
          stella
        • Cheryl & Norman
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
            My favorite depression recipe (well...except for Red Velvet Cake) is tomatoes and macaroni. Pasta was used as a filler in many recipes, but with tomatoes it was sweetened a bit. I love this dish! My sister made it one year for Christmas dinner, except she gave it an Italian twist and used canned tomatoes with garlic and basil.

            Anyone have a recipe for tomatoes and macaroni?

            Cheryl Norman
          • April
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2008
              I have a macaroni and tomatoes dish!
              1 box macaroni cooked as directed
              1 can tomatoes with garlic,basil, oregano
              1 leftover salmon steak (chopped) (can of tuna works ok too)
              1 table spoon of olive oil
              1 tsp- 1tblsp of minced garlic (depending on preference)
              1/2 cup grated parmesean (or favorite cheese)

              toss macaroni and olive oil,
              add garlic,salmon, and tomatoes mix well
              heat until heated thru
              add the parmesean and toss until blended
              EAT!!

              April Keck

              --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl & Norman"
              <cherylnorman@...> wrote:

              > My favorite depression recipe (well...except for Red Velvet Cake)
              is tomatoes and macaroni. Pasta was used as a filler in many recipes,
              but with tomatoes it was sweetened a bit. I love this dish! My sister
              made it one year for Christmas dinner, except she gave it an Italian
              twist and used canned tomatoes with garlic and basil.

              > Anyone have a recipe for tomatoes and macaroni?
              >
              > Cheryl Norman

            • Cheryl & Norman
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
                >>I have a macaroni and tomatoes dish!
                1 box macaroni cooked as directed
                1 can tomatoes with garlic,basil, oregano
                1 leftover salmon steak (chopped) (can of tuna works ok too)
                1 table spoon of olive oil
                1 tsp- 1tblsp of minced garlic (depending on preference)
                1/2 cup grated parmesean (or favorite cheese)

                toss macaroni and olive oil,
                add garlic,salmon, and tomatoes mix well
                heat until heated thru
                add the parmesean and toss until blended
                EAT!!

                April Keck<<

                Alice,
                thank you. This sounds yum-o! I'd probably use canned tuna or salmon, because at my house there's no such thing as leftover salmon steak or fillet! I'm a salmon junkie!

                Cheryl
              • Carolyn Priest
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
                  Hi, I'm Carolyn from North Georgia, USA.  I have a wonderful simple recipe.

                  1 box spice cake mix, dry
                  1 (15 oz) pumpkin

                  Mix together (by hand, too stiff for beaters).  Either cook as drop cookies at 400° or in 8" square pan at 350° for 30 minutes.  Tastes like pumpkin bread.  (Also might want to add extra ground cloves and cinnamon.)

                  Also might try www.convertworld.com  when trying to convert grams to oz.

                • Keli McNamara
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 4, 2008
                    Hi Carolyn,

                    I'm Keli and how fun that you live in N. Ga also! Tom and I moved to
                    Big Canoe about 5 months ago and love it! I'm new to this group and
                    having fun! Thank you for the yummy recipe! Tom can't have
                    gluten/wheat, so it will be fun trying to make your recipe along with
                    others using gluten free ingredients/brands so that he can enjoy them
                    too!!! I hope there are members who have gluten free recipes and
                    suggestions!!! Thanks again. [:D]

                    --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, Carolyn Priest