Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] What is Kahlúa?

  • glen burkett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      Kahula' is liquor and is bought at a liquor store.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
        it is a coffee liquor what are u making ???

      • sinfulcindi51@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
          You buy it at a liquor store...It's very good in coffee...lol

          Cindi

          ''I BLAME HER FOR NOTHING... I FORGIVE HER FOR EVERYTHING" Mary J.Blidge When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, 'Jesus, could you get that for me?' When someone you Love becomes a memory That memory becomes a Treasure

          > it is a coffee liquor what are u making ???
          > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, laura <luv2bmom@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > From: laura <luv2bmom@...>
          > > Subject: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] What is Kahlúa?
          > > To: Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com
          > > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 3:11 PM
          > > I would like to make the recipe - but what is Kahlúa
          > &
          > > where do you buy
          > > it?
          > >
          > > THanks!!
          > > Laura Kay
        • Lori
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
            Kahula is a coffee flavored liquor & is available at any liquor store.
            Its fabulous either with cream or coffee or by itself!

            Have a great day!

            Lori

            --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "laura" <luv2bmom@...>
            wrote:

            > I would like to make the recipe - but what is Kahlúa & where do you
            buy
            > it?
            >
            > THanks!!
            > Laura Kay

          • normanich1
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
              It is a wonderfully sweet coffee liquor and generally mixed with milk
              for what is called a Brown Cow. I suggest you try it as a mixed drink
              and then decide if you want to make some. I have seen recipes for
              home made Kaluah but can't remember what you used other than a
              considerable amount of instant coffee and lots of sugar was added I
              think to liquor store alcohol - the pharmacy kind.
              --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, glen burkett
              <gburkett_1999@...> wrote:

              > Kahula' is liquor and is bought at a liquor store.

            • P.J
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
                from Paula
                      Subject: Kahlua Liquor
                Kahlua Liquor

                Serves/Makes:2 quarts appprox.
                Ingredients
                2 cups (475 ml) water
                4 cups (950 ml) sugar
                2 oz (56 grm). instant coffee (not freeze dried)
                1 quart (950 ml) (or fifth) of brandy
                1 vanilla bean
                Preparation
                Boil water, then add sugar and coffee.
                Stir until dissolved.
                Remove from stove and let cool.
                Pour in brandy.
                Pour into 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) glass bottle.
                Drop in vanilla bean.
                Let stand under sink for 30 days.
                Comments
                You can use it sooner, but the longer it sits, the better it will taste.

                <gburkett_1999@ ...> wrote:

                > Kahula' is liquor and is bought at a liquor store.

              • normanich1
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
                  DO NOT use pharmacy alcohol as it is poison. That is what I meant to
                  say and I guess I was too tired to know what I had done. Please
                  forgive me.

                  --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "normanich1"