What is Kahlúa?

  • laura
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2008
      I would like to make the recipe - but what is Kahlúa & where do you buy
      it?

      THanks!!
      Laura Kay
    • glen burkett
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
        Kahula' is liquor and is bought at a liquor store.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
          it is a coffee liquor what are u making ???

        • sinfulcindi51@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
            You buy it at a liquor store...It's very good in coffee...lol

            Cindi

            ''I BLAME HER FOR NOTHING... I FORGIVE HER FOR EVERYTHING" Mary J.Blidge When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, 'Jesus, could you get that for me?' When someone you Love becomes a memory That memory becomes a Treasure

            > it is a coffee liquor what are u making ???
            > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, laura <luv2bmom@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > From: laura <luv2bmom@...>
            > > Subject: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] What is Kahlúa?
            > > To: Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com
            > > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 3:11 PM
            > > I would like to make the recipe - but what is Kahlúa
            > &
            > > where do you buy
            > > it?
            > >
            > > THanks!!
            > > Laura Kay
          • Lori
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
              Kahula is a coffee flavored liquor & is available at any liquor store.
              Its fabulous either with cream or coffee or by itself!

              Have a great day!

              Lori

              --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "laura" <luv2bmom@...>
              wrote:

              > I would like to make the recipe - but what is Kahlúa & where do you
              buy
              > it?
              >
              > THanks!!
              > Laura Kay

            • normanich1
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
                It is a wonderfully sweet coffee liquor and generally mixed with milk
                for what is called a Brown Cow. I suggest you try it as a mixed drink
                and then decide if you want to make some. I have seen recipes for
                home made Kaluah but can't remember what you used other than a
                considerable amount of instant coffee and lots of sugar was added I
                think to liquor store alcohol - the pharmacy kind.
                --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, glen burkett
                <gburkett_1999@...> wrote:

                > Kahula' is liquor and is bought at a liquor store.

              • P.J
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
                  from Paula
                        Subject: Kahlua Liquor
                  Kahlua Liquor

                  Serves/Makes:2 quarts appprox.
                  Ingredients
                  2 cups (475 ml) water
                  4 cups (950 ml) sugar
                  2 oz (56 grm). instant coffee (not freeze dried)
                  1 quart (950 ml) (or fifth) of brandy
                  1 vanilla bean
                  Preparation
                  Boil water, then add sugar and coffee.
                  Stir until dissolved.
                  Remove from stove and let cool.
                  Pour in brandy.
                  Pour into 1/2 gallon (1.9 ltr) glass bottle.
                  Drop in vanilla bean.
                  Let stand under sink for 30 days.
                  Comments
                  You can use it sooner, but the longer it sits, the better it will taste.

                  <gburkett_1999@ ...> wrote:

                  > Kahula' is liquor and is bought at a liquor store.

                • normanich1
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
                    DO NOT use pharmacy alcohol as it is poison. That is what I meant to
                    say and I guess I was too tired to know what I had done. Please
                    forgive me.

                    --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "normanich1"