Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] Mushrooms Query

  • Angel Root
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
      My Gramma either dryed them or pressure canned them but idk how to do that and when her house burned down we lost all her notes as she had passed a few months before.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
        --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, "shilpiazad"
        <shilpiazad@...> wrote:

        > Hi To all,
        > Is there a method to store extra mushrooms in case I don't want to
        use
        > the entire quantity at one go as mushrooms spoil very quickly?
        > Thanx. I would appreciate it if someone writes back.
        > Shilps.

        Hi,I hope this helps...I do it . Keep the mushrooms in a paper bag
        Clean them before you put them in a bag .Change the bag again if you
        have to
      • Pat Stone
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
          Mushrooms will keep a little bit longer if always kept in a brown paper bag or sack in the refrigerator.
          Never keep mushrooms in plastic it makes them sweat.
          Hugs Pat in South Australia

        • Carolyn Malone
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2008
            I don't know  how anyone  else does with there extra mushrooms but I freeze mine in storage containers. and I take out what I need at the time. I buy mushrooms when the store marks them down then I freeze them into servings.  or just freeze the whole bunch together.

            GOD LOVES YOU & IS ALWAYS WITH YOU,
            CAROLYN MALONE

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2009
              Thank you! Learn something new every day...

              Vodor...

              Mushrooms will keep a little bit longer if always kept in a brown paper bag or sack in the refrigerator.

              Never keep mushrooms in plastic it makes them sweat.

              Hugs Pat in South Australia

            • Gil Heuss
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2009
                I found this a long time ago, when the 'shrooms start to look a bit
                wisened I squeeze them in cheese cloth add some finally chopped onion a
                bit of roasted garlic and freeze in mini ice cube trays. Pop them out
                into a freezer bag and either thaw a few at a time or make into a paste
                en-mass. I beleive it is called Duxelles.