Re: Mexican spices/Taco Seasoning

  • smokeyjoe859
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14 9:22 AM
      Here's a few I like.

      Copycat Lawry's Taco Seasoning

      Makes 12 tacos

      1 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
      1 tsp Paprika
      1 tsp Salt
      3/4 tsp Dried Minced Onion
      1/2 tsp Cumin
      1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
      1/4 tsp Garlic powder
      1/4 tsp Sugar
      1/8 tsp Ground oregano
      1 tbsp Flour

      Combine all of these dry ingredients in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.

      To prepare the meat filling for tacos preheat a large skillet. Brown 1 pound ground beef; drain the fat. Add your Taco Seasoning that you prepared previously and 2/3 cup water to the beef; mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

      Serve taco filling with warmed taco shells or tortillas. Top with shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and chopped tomato or fresh salsa.

      Article printed from The Secret Recipe Blog: http://www.recipesecrets.net/blog
      URL to article: http://www.recipesecrets.net/blog/recipes/copycat-lawrys-taco-seasoning/
      Posted By ChefTom

      Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix

      Makes: 1/2 cup

      3 tbsp Chili Powder
      5 tsp Paprika
      4 1/2 tsp Cumin
      3 tsp Onion Powder
      2 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
      1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper

      In storage container with tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients; mix well. Seal tightly. Store in cool, dry place for up to 6 months.

      Seven teaspoons of mix equal a 1.25 oz. pkg. of purchased taco seasoning mix.

      From Robbie Shelton's Database

      Seven teaspoons mix contains 90mg Sodium.

      Taco Seasoning

      Prep Time: 1 Minute
      Ready In: 1 Minute
      Yields: 10 servings

      1 tbsp Chili Powder
      1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
      1/4 tsp Onion Powder
      1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
      1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
      1/2 tsp Paprika
      1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
      1/2 tsp Sea Salt
      1 tsp Black Pepper
      1/2 tbsp Flour

      In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.

      Brown ground beef; drain the fat. Return to pan. Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and 3 tbsp of seasoning per pound of meat. Simmer to desired consistency stirring frequently.

      Allrecipes.com
      Submitted by: BILL ECHOLS

      Smokey