Kesari Jalebis with Rabdi Recipe - Indian Shahi Sweets
- Kesari Jalebis with Rabdi Recipe - Indian Shahi Sweets Recipe
200 gms - plain flour (maida)
20 gms - gram flour (besan)
200 gms - sugar
few drops - yellow colour
10 to 12 strands - kesar, dissolved in 1 tbsp - warm milk
2 tbsp - milk
ghee to deep fry
a plastic easy squeeze bottle
1 cup - strawberry pulp
2 litres - full cream milk
1 tsp - rose water
1/2 tsp - strawberry essence
1/4 cup - sugar
1/4 cup - condensed milk
10 to 12 - cardamoms peeled
10 - almonds
Method Method for Jalebis:
1. Sieve 100 gms. maida and besan together.
2. Make a batter using warm water.
3. Keep aside for 24 hours.
4. Add remaining maida, food colour and saffron and more warm water if required.
5. The batter should fall easily when poured - Not too thick not too thin.
6. Keep aside.
7. Make syrup of the sugar by adding water and boiling.
8. Add the milk and all the scum to form while boiling.
9. Make one string syrup. Strain.
10. Fill bottle with batter. The nozzle should have a hole the thickness of a knitting needle.
11. Heat ghee well in a shallow frying pan and form jalebis in the form of concentric circles about 2 inches on the outside.
12. Fry till crisp, drop into hot syrup. Drain with a perforated spoon, serve hot.
Method for Rabdi:
1. Fresh grind cardamom to rough powder.
2. Rub with pestle till dissolved.
3. Chop almonds into thin slivers.
4. Pour milk in a large heavy saucepan.
5. Put to boil on high. Continue boiling till half quantity is left.
6. Keep skimming off the top cream every now and then.
7. Collect and keep aside in a separate container.
8. Add sugar, stir till dissolved.
9. Add all other ingredients, including saved top cream.
10. Stir, take off fire.
11. Cool to room temperature.
12. Refrigerate till well chilled.
1. Pour rabdi in the serving plate.
2. Arrange jalebi over it.
3. Garnish with thin slices of strawberries and rose petals.
Making Time: 1 hour (excluding cooling & chilling time)
Makes: 6 servings
Shelf-life: 1 day refrigerated
Makes: 30-35 pieces
Shelf life: 2-3 Days