Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] cooking question

  • Lobo Jugvit
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 13, 2009
      Cristel WEbb. I have a question could u please help me to solve this. the question is, why do iodise salt do not disolve in oil at any form of temperature the oil is at.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 14, 2009
        Hi...salts of most any kind are not soluable in oil but are soluable in most other liquids due to their chemical makeup....best regards...David

        --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, Lobo Jugvit <ljugvit@...> wrote:

        > Could any one tell why do iodies salt do not dissolve in oil at any form of  temperature the oil is at.

      • Lobo Jugvit
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 14, 2009
          HI David, try n experiment this by adding a drop or two of  water into the salt moisten it a bit n then add to the oil then u will observe it start disolving, the reason is the iodise salt are dehydrated all the moister are taken out with the result it stays as the same in oil i will give u an example when u r cooking u add oil first heat it n then the other ingrident season it with little or lots of salt after stirring it do the salt stay as solid can u find any of it, here it is the other ingrident consist of moister which help in dissolving the salt