I was Happy.

  • sundance_wash
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2009
      This week I was looking at Martha S's Site. There's alot of cool stuff there. This year I ate Vegi and had a hard time finding anything as far a a recipe. I think her site is excellent and will work with anything. here's a recipe I got from there, I know sounds gross but since I havent tried it i cant really say. It seems like a great summer recipe and is very very well prepaired. I LOV LOVE SOBA NOODLES... (recopy of 1st Addition from Martha Stewart's collection)

      The Layout is Microsoft 2007- i typed it :$ <<-- might need a look over

      Soba Noodles with Tofu, Avocado, & Snow Peas By Martha Stewart
      Downloaded July 2009 – SDT

      Ingredients:
      1 Two inch Piece of fresh Ginger cut into thin strips
      1 Serrano Chile, sliced into thin strips
      ¼ c. Sugar
      3 tea. Lime, use all except seed
      3 tbl. Soy Sauce Packets : )
      1 pkg. Extra Firm Tofu 14.oz , ¾ inch cube or larger For Soba
      8 oz. Soba Noodles
      4 oz. Snow Peas
      1 tea. Vegetable Oil
      1 English Cucumber, peeled halved and slivered cross-wise
      ¼ Chive bunch
      1 Ripe Avocado. Slices
      2 tbl. Sesame seeds maybe drizzle of SS Oils

      *note * Lime is personal note just just is fine, I hate waste and pulp lightens up everything

      English Cucumber is peeled the skin is extra nasty.

      Forgive the Vegetable oil, I'm sure any oil is good, since its vegi inspired, You could do extra webbing to find some of that good stuff.

      Directions:
      In a small sauce pan, bring ginger, Chile, sugar, and 1/3 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until ginger and Chile are soft, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer ginger and Chile to a bowl; set aside. Reserve syrup.
      Make dressing; in a shallow bowl, whisk together lime juice, soy sauce, and 2 teaspoons reserved syrup. Add Tofu, and toss to coat. Set Aside.
      In a pot of boiling water, cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain; transfer to a bowl. Add peas; drizzle with oil and 1 tablespoon dressing. Toss to coat; let cool.
      To serve add, cucmber and chives to bowl along with the tofu and dressing; toss to combine. TOP WITH Avocado and Ginger reserve and sesame

      First Publish by Martha Stewart.com

      *I have a soft spot of Soba Noodles and sushi, extra good because it's vegetarian cooking! xoxo Spell zCheck