Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] Cooking Questions Reply to Amanda

  • xenophon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2009

      Absolutely! It is not necessary to use a vintage that one would reserve for
      friends to savor with you, but one should _never_ever_ cook with a wine that
      one would not drink at table. To do so lessens the experience of the repast,
      and if you value the opinions of your guests, lessens you in the eyes of the
      discerning guests whom you may host. If you must forego using the spirit
      called for in the recipe, prepare two versions, one with and one without,
      that those who do not share your aversion may enjoy the fullness of the dish
      as it was meant to be experienced. If you care not whether the dish tastes
      as it was meant to taste, and mean to dine alone, then take whatever
      liberties you may. Just don't expect the result to come close to what you
      would enjoy were the dish to be prepared as specified.

      cheers,
      scott