Re: [Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple] cooking question

  • Lobo Jugvit
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 12 10:01 PM
      Could any one tell why do iodies salt do not dissolve in oil at any form of  temperature the oil is at.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 13 12:48 AM
        Hello Melinda

        Thank you for explaining why you don't want to cook or bake with coffee or alcohol. It is very much appreciated. I always say that if you are not understood and you WANT to be understood, you have to explain. But you don't have to justify any of your likes or dislikes or doings and not doings. In my opinion, you can consider your self very lucky of not liking coffee and not being able to consume even the smallest amount of alcohol, that saves you a lot of money and it is definitely healthier to live without these addictive things.

        Stay as you are, you are just fine:)

        Christel

        2009/7/12 Melinda Urquhart <melindas.rose@...>

        Hi,

        Some things to remember about using alcohol is that some who are extremely
        sensitive to it can have a reaction to it even though there is no alcohol
        left. I am of Native American descent and have had reactions even to a
        couple of tablespoons cooked in a sauce for several hours. I just don't like
        the reaction and try to stay away from even the slightest bit. This is also
        true of certain types of alcoholics which I would probably be if I ever
        tried alcohol.

        My reaction to coffee is just that I never learned to like the taste. I
        finally learned to like tea for my "adult" drink, but I still can't stand
        coffee in any form - something my two daughters and two grandchildren tease
        me about unmercifully.

        Melin

        --
        If you'd like to begin a personal relationship with Jesus today, please pray this prayer:
        Lord Jesus, I invite You into my life. I believe You died for me and that Your blood pays for my sins, I now turn from everything I know is wrong. Thank you for the gift of eternal life, By faith I receive that gift, and I acknowledge You as my Lord and Saviour.
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 13 10:35 PM
          Cristel WEbb. I have a question could u please help me to solve this. the question is, why do iodise salt do not disolve in oil at any form of temperature the oil is at.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 14 7:59 AM
            Hi...salts of most any kind are not soluable in oil but are soluable in most other liquids due to their chemical makeup....best regards...David

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 14 1:03 PM
              HI David, try n experiment this by adding a drop or two of  water into the salt moisten it a bit n then add to the oil then u will observe it start disolving, the reason is the iodise salt are dehydrated all the moister are taken out with the result it stays as the same in oil i will give u an example when u r cooking u add oil first heat it n then the other ingrident season it with little or lots of salt after stirring it do the salt stay as solid can u find any of it, here it is the other ingrident consist of moister which help in dissolving the salt