Mrs. Fields Eggnog Cookies

  • *~Tamara~*
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2009
      Mrs. Fields Eggnog Cookies

      2 1/2 cups flour
      1 teaspoon baking powder
      1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
      1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
      1 1/4 cups sugar
      3/4 cup butter
      1/2 cup eggnog
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      2 egg yolks
      1 tablespoon nutmeg

      Preheat oven to 300F. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking
      powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. mix well with a wire whisk and
      set aside.

      In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer
      to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat
      at medium speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat
      at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.

      Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 1" apart.
      Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until
      bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to cool, flat surface
      immediately with spatula.

      Copycats & recipes from the brands you love! Over 2,000 members
    • Amabel Flores
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2009
        How does one make eggnog? Thanks

        ________________________________
        Preheat oven to 300F. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking
        powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. mix well with a wire whisk and
        set aside.

        In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer
        to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat
        at medium speed until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat
        at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.

        Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 1" apart.
        Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until
        bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to cool, flat surface
        immediately with spatula.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CopycatsCl ones-n-BrandName s/
        Copycats & recipes from the brands you love! Over 2,000 members

      • Mellony Obrien
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2009
          Is this amabel the nurse? I know a woman with your exact name that I used to work with.

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 29, 2009
            Hi Amabel...here is one of the simplest eggnog recipes for this in a reasonable amount....the wine or brandy is optional...best regards...David

            Eggnog

            Boston Cooking School Cook Book (1896 edition)
            by Fannie Merritt Farmer

            Ingredients:
            Yolk 1 egg
            1 tablespoon sugar
            few grains salt
            2 tablespoons wine or 1 tablespoon brandy
            2/3 cup milk
            White 1 egg

            Method:
            Beat yolk of egg, add sugar, salt, wine and milk. Strain, and add beaten white of egg. Stir well before serving.

            Dining is and always was a great artistic opportunity.
            ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

            --- In Kraft-Meals-Made-Simple@yahoogroups.com, Amabel Flores <amabel_botong@...> wrote:

            > How does one make eggnog? Thanks

          • Amabel Flores
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
              Nope, I'm not a nurse. I'm from the province of Iloilo in the Philippines.

              Is this amabel the nurse? I know a woman with your exact name that I used to work with.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 30, 2009
                Salamat David... I'll save this recipe