Hi

  • hilal kasapoglu
    Message 1 of 36 , May 1, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      I am Hilal and live in Rhode Island with my family. I am from Turkey originally and therefore familiar with the Greek and Middle Eastern cuisine as well as rich Turkish cuisine. I really am glad to have joined this group, there are really good recipes. Thanks for that.

      I am looking for a good oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, like the one they sell in Dunkin Donuts; very soft, moist. If you can help me with that, I'd really appreciate that.

      Thanks

    • David R
      Message 36 of 36 , May 5, 2009
        Hi Hilal...here is my favorite for that type of cookie....best regards...David

        David's Old Fashion Oatmeal Raisin Cake Cookies

        This is my all time favorite cookie recipe. It is what I started baking with and still bake these regularly…though I have tweaked it a bit it is still close to the original recipe I got in a bag of whole wheat blend flour many years ago.

        Ingredients:
        3/4 cup sugar
        3/4 cup packed brown sugar (or 3/4 cup sugar + 2 Tbsp molasses)
        3/4 cup butter, margarine or butter flavored Crisco
        1/2 cup reserved liquid
        1 tsp baking powder
        1/2 tsp baking soda
        1 tsp cinnamon
        1/2 tsp ginger
        1/4 tsp nutmeg
        1/8 tsp (pinch) ground cloves
        2 eggs
        2 cups rolled oat (quick or old fashion)
        2 1/2 cup all purpose flour (can include 1 cup whole wheat flour for a blend)
        3/4 cup raisins
        3/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)

        Method:
        Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
        Put raisins in small saucepan and add 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to near boil and turn off heat, letting it set to plump while mixing the baking powder, soda, spices, oats and flour in a bowl blending them well.

        Drain the raisins and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid. Save the rest for hot cereal or something. (I usually just sip it while making the cookies)

        Mix the sugars, butter and reserved liquid and blend well. Add eggs blending in well. I sometimes do this with a spoon and sometimes a mixer…seems to be about the same either way.

        Mix the dry ingredient combination into the wet and add the raisins and nuts mixing well but not overly so.

        Drop by spoonfuls onto a warm cookie sheet an inch or so apart and bake 9 to 11 minutes until lightly browned (bake 16 minutes or so on an insulated cookie sheet).
        I am usually getting a sheet full ready as one is cooking.

        Remove and cool on a wire rack.

        Makes 36 to 48 cookies depending on amount dropped for each.

        Dining is and always was a great artistic opportunity.
        ~ Frank Lloyd Wright