8822Re: Do vertical chicken roasters work??

  • David R
    Mar 31, 2009
      Hi Mark...as for slow cooker roasting, it depends on the unit...I hear many of the oval ones are good at it, put three crumpled balls of foil under the bird that has had oil, ect rubbed on it and cook with a little liquid put in bottom at start....as for the upright roasters, they are great used in an oven or on the grill but make sure to put a pan under them to catch the grease...I have also just opened a beer and stuck a sprig of rosemary in it for beer butt chicken rather than to have the upright around and the flavor is great...my favorite roast chicken is cool smoked on my smoker then finished in the oven...I finish it in a dutch oven type pot with an inch of wateror so in it to flavor the resulting liquid for smoky soup the next day...the chicken is already browned from the smoker and the covered oven finish keeps it very moist...best regards...David