Koass Pad KP3 MIDI Output To MIDI Pipe

  • zozer_99
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2007
      Hello, this message that I sent to:
      http://www.bigbluelounge.com/forums/index.php
      is typical of the discussions that I hope to have in this group.

      I am trying to use the Random function in MIDI Pipe and I cannot seem
      to make it work in one way. I have the output of a Korg Kaoss KP3 Pad
      going into MIDI Pipe. Since the default MIDI Pad output is CC#'s 12
      and 13 I setup Message Converter to change the CC's to Note On values.
      This works and I was getting a MIDI note (A1 if I remember) created
      from the CC input. I then piped the output to the Randomizer and
      could not make that work. When I took the output of my Roland through
      the exact same setup the Randomizer worked fine. So there must be
      something missing from the MIDI output from the Message Converter, so
      I'll be looking over the MIDI charts tonight.

      If you have a Mac and work with MIDI, MIDIPipe is a great app to have:
      http://homepage.mac.com/nicowald/SubtleSoft/